Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents chose not to Vaccinate their children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There is this girl on my facebook who is complaining because her pediatrician is giving her a hard time because she does not want her children to have all of the vaccinations. She wants to pick and choose which ones. 

Can someone please educate me on why someone would not want their children vaccinated? 

Also, where we live the schools request the vaccination records and if your child is not up to date they send letters home... what happens if the parents refuse to vaccinate? 

EDITED TO ADD AFTER 3 PAGES OF COMMENTS: I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Their kids their choice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WinterRosesmom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Amen this is why we don't. i have lost a neice to vaccines. they gave her too many at once she had a reaction that killed her. we choose not to poison our kids. but that's just us. i think its every mothers choice what's best for her and her kids

Quoting BEXi:

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Christian Scientists dont believe in it.

Some vaccines contain aborted fetal cells. That would technically be against the Catholic religion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

All schools will request vaccine records but there are waivers. My dd is starting kindergarten in the fall at a Catholic school and they accepted a religious waiver.

the catholic church does NOT have issues with vaccinations.  Why did you use a religious waiver in a catholic school?

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

They choose not to vaccinate because they have that choice. Why does it matter why they make that choice? It's their children  so therefore their choice. All 4 of my children are fully vaxed but with my next child I'm considering doing a delayed vax schedule...why? Because I can... Children who are not vaxed can still go to school there are just papers that need to be signed and filed and what not from my understanding.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
*You know you spend too much time on cm when Bexi is in one of your dreams* ;) For real, it happened. LOL!

Quoting BEXi:

Oh boy...

Religious reasons, allergy reasons, medical reasons, philosophical reasons- just to name a few.. I can go on and on and on and on. There are countless reasons, but the pro-vaxers will just tell you it's because we are lazy and dont care about our childrens wellbeing.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM
You don't have to be Catholic to go to a catholic school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

All schools will request vaccine records but there are waivers. My dd is starting kindergarten in the fall at a Catholic school and they accepted a religious waiver.

the catholic church does NOT have issues with vaccinations.  Why did you use a religious waiver in a catholic school?

confused0701
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Because I don't want my kid to die (yes they will kill my kid she is HIGHLY allergic).  Her reasonings may be different and I'm sure she's researched her decisions.  If it is a public school they can attend and the school can't refuse them as long as they have an exemption on file.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't live in either of those states and if I did i would homeschool.

Quoting angelachristine:

Yes but WV and one other state i think Mississippi but not sure only accept medical waivers. I don't know about private schools but you cannot enter public school without being fully vaccinated.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Because after all the research I did, I wasn't convinced it was a good idea for my family. That may change in the future as new studies are done and my kids' immune systems mature. But right now I don't believe vaccines are worth it for my family. And I live in one of the 48 states that allows for a religious exemption, plus we also have the option for a philosophical exemption. My kids can go to school, play sports etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

why are you so upset that I asked a question? 

Why do parents get so pissy whenever someone asks this question. If you feel so strongly about it than why not spread the awareness. 

Quoting redneckmama4:

Good lord...are you new to parenthood?

I don't have to explain why, do your own research and get your head outta the sand.

I will fight for my right to choose, forever! O-and we signs these little papers called *waivers*.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN