Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents chose not to Vaccinate their children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There is this girl on my facebook who is complaining because her pediatrician is giving her a hard time because she does not want her children to have all of the vaccinations. She wants to pick and choose which ones. 

Can someone please educate me on why someone would not want their children vaccinated? 

Also, where we live the schools request the vaccination records and if your child is not up to date they send letters home... what happens if the parents refuse to vaccinate? 

EDITED TO ADD AFTER 3 PAGES OF COMMENTS: I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I advise you to take 30 minutes out of your day and do some research of vaccines. Statistics tell me it's not a good idea.

I was never vaccinated, and I never get sick. I've never had any serious illness, and when I do get sick it's nothing more than a common cold

Same with my sister.

My brother was vaccinated, and he is autistic. he's always going to the doctor for one reason it another.

No, I am not saying that the vaccines caused autism. But I am saying according to research and statistics it wouldn't be unlikely.

Do your research and decide what's best for your family.
Kitschy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Same thing that happens to you if you skip your flu shot and get the flu.

Quoting Anonymous:

What happens if a child has not been vaccinated and that child gets Measles or Mumps or Rubella

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

LMAO hopefully it was a good one ;P

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

*You know you spend too much time on cm when Bexi is in one of your dreams* ;) For real, it happened. LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I understand why some choose not to vaccinate, my kids are fully vaccinated though as I feel the benefits far outweigh the risks

a lot on non-vaxing families will lie about some religious belief that prohobits vaccines and then the child can attend public school

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

but why would you want to? "because i can" is not really a valid reason for not protecting your children from diseases that could kill them.

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

They choose not to vaccinate because they have that choice. Why does it matter why they make that choice? It's their children  so therefore their choice. All 4 of my children are fully vaxed but with my next child I'm considering doing a delayed vax schedule...why? Because I can... Children who are not vaxed can still go to school there are just papers that need to be signed and filed and what not from my understanding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

that child will be very sick and those parents will be second guessing their decisions

Quoting Anonymous:

What happens if a child has not been vaccinated and that child gets Measles or Mumps or Rubella

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

You are implying you have seen this question asked before and are aware that nonvaxers get very defensive.

So why are you asking this question again? Your intentions seem more and more negative.

Quoting Anonymous:

why are you so upset that I asked a question? 

Why do parents get so pissy whenever someone asks this question. If you feel so strongly about it than why not spread the awareness. 

Quoting redneckmama4:

Good lord...are you new to parenthood?

I don't have to explain why, do your own research and get your head outta the sand.

I will fight for my right to choose, forever! O-and we signs these little papers called *waivers*.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I havent seen anyone say that.. Those who DO say that are probably just sick and tired of being probed about their personal choices and dont bother explaining anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

but why would you want to? "because i can" is not really a valid reason for not protecting your children from diseases that could kill them.

Quoting Proud-mama-05:

They choose not to vaccinate because they have that choice. Why does it matter why they make that choice? It's their children  so therefore their choice. All 4 of my children are fully vaxed but with my next child I'm considering doing a delayed vax schedule...why? Because I can... Children who are not vaxed can still go to school there are just papers that need to be signed and filed and what not from my understanding.

Kitschy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I was going to say the same thing.

Quoting BEXi:

You are implying you have seen this question asked before and are aware that nonvaxers get very defensive.

So why are you asking this question again? Your intentions seem more and more negative.

Quoting Anonymous:

why are you so upset that I asked a question? 

Why do parents get so pissy whenever someone asks this question. If you feel so strongly about it than why not spread the awareness. 

Quoting redneckmama4:

Good lord...are you new to parenthood?

I don't have to explain why, do your own research and get your head outta the sand.

I will fight for my right to choose, forever! O-and we signs these little papers called *waivers*.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM

you get the flu than you get better. There are long term side effects from Measles, Mumps and Rubella. And there are other vax's that protect your children from deadly diseases. And it also helps to control those diseases from spreading across the population. 

I still fail to see the benefits from not vaccinating your children and it seems that whenever I bring this topic up those who do not vaccinate just get upset and turn to insults instead of educating someone on their decision. 

Quoting Kitschy:

Same thing that happens to you if you skip your flu shot and get the flu.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)