Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is no one calling me back for interviews?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
1 mom liked this
What are some reasons for no call backs? I got 1 call back in 120 job apps sent.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Did you look sloppy when you handed in applications?
Did you apply for positions that you are not qualified for.

It also doesn't hurt to be a little proactive and give a call back to some of them and ask what the status of your application is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
All of the companies want online applications only. They say DO NOT CONTACT and that they'll contact me if I'm a fit for the position. Am I that undesirable? I'm feeling like crap right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

It also doesn't hurt to be a little proactive and give a call back to some of them and ask what the status of your application is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Hugs.
I know the feeling.
Have you tried attaching a resume along with the applications?

What do you have around you locally that could possibly be hiring? Is there a temp agency?

Quoting Anonymous:

All of the companies want online applications only. They say DO NOT CONTACT and that they'll contact me if I'm a fit for the position. Am I that undesirable? I'm feeling like crap right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
What's your resume look like? Are you including personalized cover letters? Yes, they specify don't contact, but shooting a quick thank you email and explaining why you're qualified for the job may help. Many just don't want to field phone calls all day, otherwise they would never get work done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Are you including cover letters with it? Have you gotten your resume evaluated recently?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
If online apps, software screens app before manager gets them. Managers may not get them.
You may be overqualified, underqualified. Not enough experience, too much experience. Even though its not to he done, gender and age discrimination to happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM
When you apply online they always have two places where you can attach your resume and cover letter. I personalize each and every cover letter. I think they're not calling because I chose to be a SAHM for 3 years. I have nothing listed from 2010 to present. I didn't do volunteer work those three years. I do have many temp agencies. I plan on dressing up and going down tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hugs.

I know the feeling.

Have you tried attaching a resume along with the applications?

What do you have around you locally that could possibly be hiring? Is there a temp agency?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

There are many reasons. 1 position and 100s of applicants. They won't call back everyone.

The position may have been filled internally.

They may have found other resumes with more qualifications.

It's a tough market depending on the position you're applying for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Everything is electronic. They don't list names. I wouldn't even know where or who to thank.

Quoting acrogodess:

What's your resume look like? Are you including personalized cover letters? Yes, they specify don't contact, but shooting a quick thank you email and explaining why you're qualified for the job may help. Many just don't want to field phone calls all day, otherwise they would never get work done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I never send a resume without a cover letter. No I haven't but I should edit out the details and see if anyone here will critique it for me.

Quoting VannaMae307:

Are you including cover letters with it? Have you gotten your resume evaluated recently?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN