Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

13 yr old in skiing accident *update* **update again** UPDATE 3 (4/1/13)

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 29 Replies
So my 13 year old cousin was in a skiing accident the other day. She has swelling in her brain and had bleeding (not sure if it's still bleeding). As well as a dangerously high fever, so she was flown to a childrens hospital where she was diagnosed with avm brain and put into a medically induced coma due to the swelling and fever that spikes if she's awake. They had planned on doing brain surgery as soon as the swelling and fever went down but just a little while ago she took a turn for the worst and they had to do emergency brain surgery. I don't have all of the details but she needs a lot if prayer (or whatever you guys do) and her mother especially needs it. I don't even want to imagine what she's going through. :(

UPDATE 1: haven't heard anything, so i asked to see if there were any changes. Her surgery started at 11am . They removed the clot and are now trying to fix/remove/repair the avm. Estimated time for surgery is 4-5 hours... It's been just about 5 hours so it probably won't be a whole lot longer depending on if they find anything else or if something happens. Will update again after she's out and i know how she is.

UPDATE 2: she is out of surgery. The surgeon(s?) Removed the clot and removed/repaired the avm as much as they could. Now they are just waiting and hoping she wakes up.

UPDATE 3 (4/1/13)
My cousin has been awake, she's following commands and can breathe on her own some. They will be taking her off the ventilator and sedatives around 2pm to see how she does on her own. She still has a very long road to recovery, so prayers are still needed for those that pray.
Thanks to those that have been praying for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Muffins89
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I am so sorry, hun. Hugs to you and your family.

My friend was on a church trip back in 2004. He had an accident. He was 17 and passed. He passed before they induced him into a coma. 

Where did this happen, may I ask?

My friend died in North Carolina

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

http://www.t-g.com/story/1081762.html

here is the link to my friend's accident :(

HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Praying for a healthy recovery!
Muffins89
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Its my cousin (well technically step cousin, step dads niece) and i believe they're in pa. The childrens hospital she was flown to was in philadelphia. (i think thats what my mom said). sorry about your friend :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so sorry, hun. Hugs to you and your family.

My friend was on a church trip back in 2004. He had an accident. He was 17 and passed. He passed before they induced him into a coma. 

Where did this happen, may I ask?

My friend died in North Carolina

mommyof415767
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

thoughts and prayers for the 13yr old, the  mom, you and the rest of the family

Muffins89
Thanks

Quoting HandMmom12:

Thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Praying for a healthy recovery!

Muffins89
Thank you

Quoting mommyof415767:

thoughts and prayers for the 13yr old, the  mom, you and the rest of the family

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Prayers. :(

Muffins89
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I'm not on the computer so i can't open it

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.t-g.com/story/1081762.html

here is the link to my friend's accident :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN