Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moving in together...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

BF and I have decided to rent a home together with our children.  His 3 and my 2.  Mine will live with us full time while his will be with us about 8 days/month.  So far we have only found an affordable 3 bedroom. Was hoping for at least a 4 bedroom.

How do we set up bedrooms/kid space? Do the kids who are only here part time deserve as much space and consideration as the full time kids?

G 8                      B 7

G 6                      B 5

B 3

BF wants to have a boys room and a girls room. I get that and it makes sense. But thats a whole space that for the majority of time won't get used at all. Seems like a waste.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
banana-bear
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
What are the genders of the full timers and the part timers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Sex and ages on left are the part timers and the ones on the right are the full timers.

Quoting banana-bear:

What are the genders of the full timers and the part timers?

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
The kids who are there all the time should get first priority.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I was wondering what that was, lol.

I would give the boys the biggest room and the girls the smaller room. If there is no play area in the house, the (mostly) empty girls room can be used as such.

Wtf! Why is my reply messing up once I edit it? Bullshit.

Quoting Anonymous:Sex and ages on left are the part timers and the ones on the right are the full timers.
Quoting banana-bear:What are the genders of the full timers and the part timers?
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
As much as it feels like you're "wasting" that other bedroom most of the time, I agree with your BF. Especially as they get older, boys and girls need separate rooms. Even if it's just a few days at a time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

is there room in the master bedroom for the 3yo? thats obviously not ideal but i do think there she be a boys room and a girls room but having a 3yo with a 5 and 7yo may not be a good match. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
If its 3 bedrooms I honestly don't see a problem with a boys and girls room or putting the part timers in one room and the full timers in their own room in less you all can find a 4 bedroom or are willing to give up your room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

The master bedroom is quite large and very nice. I thought about letting the boys have that room so they could have more space. The girls would take the smallest room and BF and I the middle sized room.  BF thinks I'm crazy to give up the master.

Quoting Anonymous:

If its 3 bedrooms I honestly don't see a problem with a boys and girls room or putting the part timers in one room and the full timers in their own room in less you all can find a 4 bedroom or are willing to give up your room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I am going to give you some advice on a blended family. The kids should ALWAYS be equal no matter how hard it is or how much it doesn't make sense I can gurarentee you they care. I would split them up like your BF says.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
O and dont refer to them as part time kids, they are YALL's kids ALL the time it makes them feel less than. I am saying this not to bash but it was hurtful to hear as a kid, and now to see my step daughters mother doing to her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN