Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moving in together...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

BF and I have decided to rent a home together with our children.  His 3 and my 2.  Mine will live with us full time while his will be with us about 8 days/month.  So far we have only found an affordable 3 bedroom. Was hoping for at least a 4 bedroom.

How do we set up bedrooms/kid space? Do the kids who are only here part time deserve as much space and consideration as the full time kids?

G 8                      B 7

G 6                      B 5

B 3

BF wants to have a boys room and a girls room. I get that and it makes sense. But thats a whole space that for the majority of time won't get used at all. Seems like a waste.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
That doesn't sound to crazy to me...and maybe a bunk bed or trundle bed boys room? Or if there is a place you can store a cot to pull out when the 3 yr old comes over?

The only reason I suggest boy and girl rooms though is if this is long term then as then kids get older boys and girls should def have their own room.

Quoting Anonymous:

The master bedroom is quite large and very nice. I thought about letting the boys have that room so they could have more space. The girls would take the smallest room and BF and I the middle sized room.  BF thinks I'm crazy to give up the master.

Quoting Anonymous:

If its 3 bedrooms I honestly don't see a problem with a boys and girls room or putting the part timers in one room and the full timers in their own room in less you all can find a 4 bedroom or are willing to give up your room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)