Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dad Owes Child Support and Caseworker not on my Side!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Here is my situation: I'm on medical disability. I make less then $1,200.00 a month with myself and my child (dependent). My x hasn't paid child support since Dec and that was just backpayment. He currently owes $4,000.00 in child support. When I called the state caseworker-she said that he doesn't really owe that much that there are fathers who owe $80,000.00 or more. Apparently, in NJ $4,000.00 is NOTHING to cry over. I said that's fine-but this isn't about those cases, this is MY case and I'm sick, and I am on medical disability. I do not recieve food stamps, medicaid, nothing. I said I need this child support-then she gave her story how she's worked since her son was 2 months old-met a great husband, since he's passed away she's got a pension, blah blah blah. She's got a great job-I was polite and said thank you for sharing your story but what does this have to do with me and getting my x husband to pay his court ordered support? If I was well enough to work I would be working!  How can you tell me $4,000.00 is not that much? Maybe to her but to me I could really use that money to buy my child pants which he needs for school, food, basic necessities.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
3 moms liked this
That's incredibly unprofessional. I would report her to her boss, and ask for another case manager.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I agree. That is horrible. Sounds like she doesn't want to actually do her job or thinks her job is to sit on her butt and judge people.

Quoting audreesmama:

That's incredibly unprofessional. I would report her to her boss, and ask for another case manager.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

starlight91
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

so go file your own court case against him for back child support.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Good Luck, my case is in NJ, my ex oxes over $38,000. No payments at all since may 2012 (and those were only partial payments. They don't do much to enforce.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Now for the record, when you called are you absolutely sure you were speaking to the caseworker and not the child support helpline because I worked for the NYS child support helpline and all we did was give advice about a persons options. We couldn't actually do anything from our end except update the addresses. Also, is he working? On the books? Have them set it up so child support is garnished from his wages. It helps so much more than having them actually come and submit payments.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This is why DH will never turn his CS case over to the state.  He has much more control over it.  They are correct, that isn't a big deal to them since they are overworked with cases.  

MidnightKat
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Im sorry you had to go through that. She was not kind at all. Very unprofessional.
That is alot of money .
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Im in NC and owed over 6k.

My caseworker told me on the phone "well, he wont give us his address. theres nothing we can do."

Wow, for real..?

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

WTF? All you ladies! Has the system digressed??? They used to be able to punch their name and ss number  into a computer and get everything from whether they had power anywhere to their driver's license.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)