Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Atheists and couples who are infertile or over reproduction age should be banned from getting married....*ETA*

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 170 Replies
3 moms liked this

If marriage is solely a 'religious union' with a primary responsiblity to procreate, it makes perfect sense to ban atheists and couples who can't conceive from getting married.  Right?

ETA -- for those who don't get my point.....

For people who are against gay marriage there are two common arguments they give...

1) it is a religious union and against the bible

2) only a man and woman can procreate....a primary function of marriage

So, based on those two reasons, it LOGICALLY follows that they should ALSO believe athiests and couples who can't conceive should be banned from marriage as well.

I'm curious what anti-gay marriage individuals have to say about that conclusion....

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope

Too dam early for idiocy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
If same-sex couples can't marry, then I say yes.
Michaelsmom0522
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Oh shut up
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM

on one hand i f find this funny, on the other i didn't sleep well last night and just might find anything funny today! 

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
8 moms liked this
I see what you did there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Nope

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Michaelsmom0522:

Wrong.

What's wrong about it?  There are people who firmly believe that marriage is a 'religious union'.....and who also believe a big reason it should be only a man and woman is to promote procreation.....

For THOSE PEOPLE, who believe that (not me)......it would make perfect sense then to ban atheists or non-religious couples....and infertile and older couples from getting married.

If those are the reasons they give to ban gay marriage.....logically, those other marriages should be banned as well.

(this is not my belief.....but, after listening to arguments opposers of gay marriage have given...this is a conclusion one can come to)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Like you said, PRIMARY responsibility. Not the ONLY, there are other reasons for marriage, even God mentions them. So stop twisting it all around. 

cherylam
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Sorry, NO.  Everyone who is ready and willing to make the commitment to each other should be able to marry.  I was unable to concieve, but refused to live with him.  He proposed to make sure I didn't get away (his words, not mine).  Marriage is a completion of the circle.  It should not be reserved only for fertile, Christian couples.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)