Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MAMA's of TODDLERS I NEEEEED YOUR HELP PLEEEEAAASE!!!! Eta ;) UPDATE :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello mamas, I very rarely post in this group but Im hoping I can get some advise from moms who have gone through this or is recently going through this with their toddlers.

1- I have a (recently turned)2 year old son who  still wakes up two times each night for feedings..( store bought milk  that i warm up and put in a bottle, not formula or breast feeding)  ** hangs head in shame** I know this isn't good and I am really trying to get him out of this habit of waking up at night like clock work. I need some great advice on how to ween him from this, PLEASE! any advise is worth posting. :) 

2- now my other problem is with my almost 4 year old dd.. She still sleeps with a pacifier ** again hangs head in shame** I have been trying to ween her from that but nothing is working.. I tried giving her a blankie for security or a plush toy but she will still cry and scream until she gets her binki. Please HELP ME!! 

NOTE: 

I live in an apartment so I have neighbors in very close proximity, I don't want the " cry it out" method b/c A. They would have no problem crying and whining  for hours to get what they want. And B. WELL I want to be Curtious to my neighbors. 

Please HELP ME , AND THANK YOU FOR THE ADVISE IN ADVANCE. :) 

sincerely,

A sleep deprived Mama. 

Update: thank you all for the out pour of advise and a well deserved kick in my ass. :) I will try to apply these tips tonight when ds going to bed tonight( he only wants a bottle at night, not for a nap) and I have already applied the cutting a piece off the paci for my dd.. I cut a small hole on the side of her favorite paci. ( it would be to obvious if I cut from the top of it, I've done that before and she just asked for a different one. Lol ) 

thank you all again. :) I really appreciate it. 

UPDATE:::

OMG IT WORKED.. IM SO SHOCKED AND HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME. 

LAST NIGHT I GAVE MY DS EXTREMLY WATERED DOWN MILK and he barely drank it and went to sleep.. :)

BEFORE PUTTING MY 3 1/2 year old dd down for a nap 5 minutes ago I cut another small whole on the side of her paci. She tried it and was confussed.. " it's bocken mama?" I looked shocked and told her she must be to old for it now because she's abig girl.. She was a little sad .. Then after a while she asked for a different one and I told her it wouldn't work because she's to big for it.. She said "oh ok I'm to big for it , it's only for babies?" Lol now she is sound asleep WITHOUT HER PACI... HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!! I'm so happy right now... It was so easy.. Now if you will excuse me.. I will go kick myself in the ass for not doing this sooner... Thank you all for your advices... GENIUSES!!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Really need help please
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM

i personally would use the CIO method but i understand why you dont want to. heres a bump. 

mmpdrs07
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

For the 2 year old start giving water instead, maybe even dilute a little milk and keep diluting a little at a time until it's only water.  That's all I have for that one and as far as the paci start cutting the ends off slowly.  She will get to where she wont like it anymore.  Stop buying more paci's also.  Good luck I know living in an apt you kinda can't do alot because of neighbors.  Good luck though

lucydiamond
by LD on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hi! Sorry you're struggling, mama.

My GD did the nighttime milk-feedings at that age too. Try giving him a bedtime snack so he won't be hungry in the middle of the night. If he still wakes up, go and comfort him without speaking, picking him up, or giving him a bottle. It'll probably take awhile, but he'll learn that he won't be getting up for bottles anymore. Give him some warm milk before bed too so he still has the comfort.

The paci thing can be tough at 4, but my favorite method had always been the cutting the tips off the pacis. She'll have it but she'll stop loving it fast! Then when she starts losing interest, you can either toss them or give them to the "paci fairy."

GL! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I don't know if this will work for a toddler, but I heard you snip the ends off the binkies and the kids don't want them anymore. Can't help with the sleep thing, I got lucky with both my kids being good sleepers. Hopefully someone can help you out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
#1 less milk, smaller bottle.
#2, sorry not sure.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Not much advice from me. I just threw out the bottle and that was that. Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Switch the milk to water, and put it in a sippy cup, not a bottle. He will get used to it eventually, and then stop needing it. As far as the pacifier goes, just take it away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN