Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother won't help me find my ex to get child support.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

MY ex has fallen off the grid. He got fired from his job, he moved and isn't answering his phone calls. He hasn't payed child support in 3 months. I really need the money. He has hidden his profile of facebook so that only friends can see him, I am not a friend. My brother however is a friend. I thought, great I could ask my brother to let me see my ex's wall to see if there is anything on there to help me find out where he  is.

My brother refused, he is 20. On top of that, my mother, who he lives with told me she can't do anything about it. Really? because when I used to live with her, even as an adult, she told me that I have to do what she says but now she won't make my brother help me find my ex for child support?

My bother doesn't have a car, he is always asking me for rides places, my mom is always asking me to help her with things with my younger sister (she is 11).I pick up my sister from her dance lesson 2 times a week because my mom leaves for work before it gets out, I am not even going to give her notice, I am going to call her at 5 pm, an hour before the lesson gets out to tell her that since we aren't helping each other, I have no reason to pick up sister so she will have to figure it out herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

BUMP!

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Why wouldn't they want to help you? Your supposed to be family and I'd be pissed as hell at them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Well it isn't their responsiblity to help you out. Your ex's profile is private and your brother is just doing as your ex wants.

JZB
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? Grow up, yes I think your brother should help you but you are both adults leave your mom and sister out of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loverfrombeyond
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I would do the same!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

contact child support to see whatelse you can do.  they can put a hold on his taxes if you get it in quick enough.  they can also take away his driving priveldges and throw him in jail.

also, if no one wants to help you, then you really shouldn't help them.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I have no good advice. Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)