Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stupid dental office twits!!!! kind of long! update!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 50 Replies

UGH! i seriously HATE incompetant people...really they should be smothered to death.   my husband has horrible teeth (thanks to his shitbag parents!)  anyways we have really good dental insurance but my husband insisted on going to this one dentist NOT in our network so it costs a lot more money to see him.  i found a new dentist a BLOCK away & in our network.  they were so nice & i was so happy to finally find a decent dentist .  on march 15th, after i saw new dentist a couple of times, my hubs started complaining about his tooth bothering him so i made an appt for him.  the earliest they could see him was april 3rd.  so i took it for him & ask if they had any cancellations earlier to please call us cuz his tooth was starting to hurt.  on march 20th dental office called & said they had cancellation but the hubs had just gotten to sleep & i just couldn't wake him up. ( he works nights )  so i told her we couldn't take it :(  she said fine & seemed kind of pissy about it, not sure why.   anyways today hubs mouth is hurting & he wakes up about an hour ago saying his face feels funny.  look at him & its completely swollen!  ugh!  call the new dentist to see if they could PLEASE get him for some antibiotics at least.. NOPE.   office twit says she sees nothing scheduled for dh & since nothing is already scheduled they refuse to see him. WTF?!?!?  i do have an appt. i have the fucking card that YOU wrote with his date & time... NOPE!  office twit says she doesn't know what happened that other office twit made appt & not sure why she erased it.  UGH so i call the old dentist office so i can pay a million dollars to have they tell him he needs meds & to have it pulled. BUT of course OLD dentist office isn't answering... no vm, no fax line nothing.    call his dr to see if he can help... nope out of town for easter!  WTF!!!!!!! so now im gonna have to drag his ass to ER just to get fucking meds!  he hasn't slept yet & he has to be at work at 5pm to 5am!  UGH!! i hate people!  my vent for the day!  

UPDATE :)

the old dentist pulled it out in 5 mins :)  so he is much happier but still really swollen still.  $180 :/ but at least that is done with.   now he went to work on no sleep, vicoprofins, antibiotics & a swollen face.  i doubt he will make the whole night.  

Photobucket

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

BUMP!

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Wow. What a bitch. She was pissy so she cancelled his original appt?! Which, lets be honest, that's probably what happened.

I'm in your husband's shoes...I've got pretty shitty teeth and have had many removed due to pain :/ We never had dental insurance or access to dental care at all growing up, and now I'm paying for it as an adult.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM

i know she did!!!  dumb bitch! im so mad right now that im deciding on whether to just find a new dentist.  just pisses me off cuz its so close & in our network.

my poor hubs & his teeth,  i swear they are ruining his life :(  he has no confidence & can't smile.  he only really has front teeth now & they are slowly breaking away.  he is in constant pain.  His parents NEVER brought him to the dentist.  the first time he ever went was when he was 22 when i made him go in.  this appt we were going to ask the dentist what he should do.. try & save his front teeth or just go for dentures.    we can't afford implants & he doesn't want dentures.  he is so embarrassed of getting dentures at 39 that it stops him from even asking about them.  ugh.  i just hate seeing him in pain cuz he is a tough guy & when he shows pain...its bad.  

i hope your teeth aren't hurting you now :(  teeth pain is the worst!!

Quoting robibuni:

Wow. What a bitch. She was pissy so she cancelled his original appt?! Which, lets be honest, that's probably what happened.

I'm in your husband's shoes...I've got pretty shitty teeth and have had many removed due to pain :/ We never had dental insurance or access to dental care at all growing up, and now I'm paying for it as an adult.

Photobucket

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Luckily I'm not in pain now, but I always know it could be anyday that I wake up in pain :/

My brother will be 24 tomorrow and already has dentures. I've only got a few molars left and I know eventually, those will be going soon. I'll be 29 in a couple months and I've managed to keep my teeth the longest. I'm sure in the next 5 years I'll have to make a decision on what to do...dentures or implants. I want to go the implant route, but that's SO expensive :/

Quoting Cheribomb:

i know she did!!!  dumb bitch! im so mad right now that im deciding on whether to just find a new dentist.  just pisses me off cuz its so close & in our network.

my poor hubs & his teeth,  i swear they are ruining his life :(  he has no confidence & can't smile.  he only really has front teeth now & they are slowly breaking away.  he is in constant pain.  His parents NEVER brought him to the dentist.  the first time he ever went was when he was 22 when i made him go in.  this appt we were going to ask the dentist what he should do.. try & save his front teeth or just go for dentures.    we can't afford implants & he doesn't want dentures.  he is so embarrassed of getting dentures at 39 that it stops him from even asking about them.  ugh.  i just hate seeing him in pain cuz he is a tough guy & when he shows pain...its bad.  

i hope your teeth aren't hurting you now :(  teeth pain is the worst!!

Quoting robibuni:

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM
That's ridiculous. Work for a dentist and we ALWAYS see patients if they are in pain!!
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

thats what i thought!  thankfully his old dentist was just at lunch & will see him in 30mins but pretty much 2x the bill :/   im probably going to keep my appt & then mention to the dentist about it.  so mad!  i hope his work just sees how swollen he is & send him home.  he looks terrible!  plus he is a skinny guy so his face looks extra huge.   im hoping his dentist will be able to pull it.  

Quoting LauraMH:

That's ridiculous. Work for a dentist and we ALWAYS see patients if they are in pain!!

Photobucket

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Quoting Cheribomb:

So glad they are able to see him! It always bugs me to hear stories about dentists not seeing patients who are swollen! It could be serious if left untreated.
popomill
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Uck that sucks. I hope he feels better soon.....On a side note....who's fighting in your video? I can't tell lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Ugh, that sucks. My Dh use to have horrible teeth. He would have infected teeth and his whole face would swell. He would go get antibiotics but never go back for the appointment. So frustrating. I have even taken him to the ER on the weekends when the dentist is closed because he was in so much pain. Last year I finally got him to see a dentist. This guy rocked, he was very honest with my husband about everything they needed to do. After three visits my husbands teeth were fixed. Three visits!! I hope you find a good dentist for him, it makes all the difference in the world. I'm sorry the office girls were bitches.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

that would be nathan diaz beating donald cerones ass!  

Quoting popomill:

Uck that sucks. I hope he feels better soon.....On a side note....who's fighting in your video? I can't tell lol.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN