Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

military wives bashing the miltary S/O

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 204 Replies
9 moms liked this

Really? If it is so bad, don't have your husband re-enlist. Pay sucks? Nobody said you strike it rich in the military. Where else can an 18 year old fresh out of highschool get free housing, utilities, and healthcare? Certainly not at any other entry level jobs. A single E-3 gets free housing, food, all utilities and even a clothing allowance. All they have to pay for is their beer, and a car. Most don't bother with a car, since everything they need is in walking distance.

Deployments suck. Of course they do. But command does everything in their power to lessen the burden. Tax free pay, hazard pay, seperation pay, free child care, interest free loans, and many other support services. If you have a problem, call rear detachment, and a soldier will be at your door to mow your lawn, take your car in for an oil change, etc. About to lose your mind? Call rear D and a spouse will show up to take your kids, cook your meals, and clean your house. If you really can't handle it, the commander can give permission for the military to move you anywhere you want to go, and move you back. They pack, move and even unpack all of your stuff.

Is being a military spouse difficult? Absolutely. But use the resources that are available to you. Nobody is forcing you to stay in the military. Say no to the re-enlistment bonus and get out if you think its hell on earth. But you happily spend the thousands you get, sometimes 10k plus, to re-enlist, then complain for another 3 years about how much you hate it.

*steps off of my soap box*

I didn't say you couldn't vent or gripe. Shit happens and it gets rough. But if you do nothing but constantly complain about how much you hate military life, and think its the worst place on earth, find a new job. These services are available to you, but its up to you to get involved, go to the meetings, save the numbers they give you. Its not their job to check in on you. Its your job to call when shit becomes too much and you need help. Your unit sucks? call the chaplain or family services. Its YOUR responsibility.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
We got out soon as the contract was up. I agree. If ya don't like it dont do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You are absolutely right.

overweightmommy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I wish DH were still military. Since he got out in January things have been so shitty. :/

And of course the job he did in the military has 0 demand where we live. 

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM

And before you act high and mighty, I am a military wife, for 10 years now. Sure I complain now and then, but good god, some act like its prison.

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM

GI bill?

Quoting overweightmommy:

I wish DH were still military. Since he got out in January things have been so shitty. :/

And of course the job he did in the military has 0 demand where we live. 

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Husband is Navy and he complains more than I do, LOL!

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

ooook...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this
Until you've lived the life of a single mom with no real spousal support... please don't judge them for missing their husbands and complaining. Until you have gone to bed night after night without your husband; not knowing if he is safe; alive or when he'll be home; don't judge them. Until you've had to dry you kids tears as they ask why daddy is missing their games and their birthdays; please don't judge them. These wives are potentially sacrificing their husbands for the safety of you and me.
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Shit, where on earth do you live that command will cook and take care of your kids??? BTW, housing isn't free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Been there, done that. ABout to do it again. Yeah it sucks, but suck it up. We claim to be the toughest wives on earth, write poems about it and everthing, then come on internet forums and throw 2 year old tantrums while demanding respect for all we have to go through.

Quoting Anonymous:

Until you've lived the life of a single mom with no real spousal support... please don't judge them for missing their husbands and complaining. Until you have gone to bed night after night without your husband; not knowing if he is safe; alive or when he'll be home; don't judge them. Until you've had to dry you kids tears as they ask why daddy is missing their games and their birthdays; please don't judge them. These wives are potentially sacrificing their husbands for the safety of you and me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)