Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tipping a carpet cleaning service? Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I have never heard of this one but my best friend just told me she had her carpets cleaned.  I asked her how much and she told me whole house was $200 plus tip.  Tip?  I never thought of it.  I get tipping a waiter/waitress, when getting your hair/nails/eyebrows done, food delivery, but a carpet cleaner?

Then she tells me she tips her cleaning lady too!  I asked if she tipped her babysitter and she said no, but she does tip about everyone else!  

Are there any others that I should be tipping and I am not aware of???

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sthflachk
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I can see tipping those who don't work for themselves. They only get hourly so if they do a good job why not?

I tip my cleaning lady extra....she works for a company.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Quoting sthflachk:

I can see tipping those who don't work for themselves. They only get hourly so if they do a good job why not?

I tip my cleaning lady extra....she works for a company.

The guy she tipped owns a franchise of carpet cleaning company.  He is self-employed but has to follow their procedures and fees.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM
My husband owns a small carpet cleaning business and some of his regular clients tip, but he doesn't expect anyone to do it. It's just a nice gesture that some clients do when a really great job is done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured