Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fifth wheel moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have seen a few moms on here that live in a fifth wheel  or camper. I was hoping I could find some of you to ask some questions about living in one. We will be putting our house on the market soon and we will be buying a fifth wheel to live in for about two years.

I was wondering:

What is it like living in one?

Any tips on how to decide what to keep and what to get rid of?

How many outfits do you have for each person?

What type of fifth wheel do you live in and which would you recommend?

I would appreciate any answers I can get. If anyone wants to bash me fo my decisions I will ignore it. We are doing this as part as my husbands job and it is better for us to get a fifth wheel than it would be for us to be separated for two years or going from hotel to hotel.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Bump

allycally
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Bump
hddcooper
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I know someone who does but I'm not sure she frequents cm anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Okay. I know I had seen someone on here not too long ago I was hoping she would see this.

Quoting Groove:

I know someone who does but I'm not sure she frequents cm anymore.

megm11511
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I live in a travel trailer for the time being. Dh works in the oil field and I don't like being away from him for long periods, and where there is an oil boom it's super hard to find housing. It is just him and I right now with Kayleigh on the way, but I will share what I've learned in the last 6 months or so.

For the most part living in it is ok. We have tv and all that jazz. Preparing meals is of tricky. You have to be efficient with space. Other than that it's pretty much like living anywhere else. You do have to take quick showers because the water heaters are smaller.

As for what we keep with us, it's pretty much just the essentials. Everything else is in a storage unit. No knick knacks or anything like that. Only what we need for day to day life.

Lol dh has about 6 outfits aside from his work attire. I probably have around 20 including work clothes and other clothes, granted I have a little more because I've had to add maternity wear to my wardrobe.

We have a gulfstream kingsport. It's a bumper pull trailer with a large slide out, a master bedroom and what we call a bunkhouse with 4 twin beds. Of course there is the shower/ toilet area, and the vanity, living dining and kitchen areas are kind of common in the center. So far it's been ok, but it would be too cramped with the baby. Luckily we found a house we should hopefully be moving into soon.

Fifth wheels are bigger and would have more room for kids etc. There are a lot of families in our park. I hope this helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Thanks for answering. There will be 5 of us living in the fifth wheel for at least 2 years. Right now I am going through everything in our house and selling most of it.  My kids are very excited even though they have to get rid of most of their toys.

I looked at several of the them the other day and I noticed the kitchen and fridge are a lot smaller than what we are use to so I figured we would have to go shopping more often. We might get a small storage building to put our living room  set in but we aren't sure yet because we wont be getting another house in the states for a very long time. We will be moving to another country after the 2 years. I really appreciate you responding.

Quoting megm11511:

I live in a travel trailer for the time being. Dh works in the oil field and I don't like being away from him for long periods, and where there is an oil boom it's super hard to find housing. It is just him and I right now with Kayleigh on the way, but I will share what I've learned in the last 6 months or so.

For the most part living in it is ok. We have tv and all that jazz. Preparing meals is of tricky. You have to be efficient with space. Other than that it's pretty much like living anywhere else. You do have to take quick showers because the water heaters are smaller.

As for what we keep with us, it's pretty much just the essentials. Everything else is in a storage unit. No knick knacks or anything like that. Only what we need for day to day life.

Lol dh has about 6 outfits aside from his work attire. I probably have around 20 including work clothes and other clothes, granted I have a little more because I've had to add maternity wear to my wardrobe.

We have a gulfstream kingsport. It's a bumper pull trailer with a large slide out, a master bedroom and what we call a bunkhouse with 4 twin beds. Of course there is the shower/ toilet area, and the vanity, living dining and kitchen areas are kind of common in the center. So far it's been ok, but it would be too cramped with the baby. Luckily we found a house we should hopefully be moving into soon.

Fifth wheels are bigger and would have more room for kids etc. There are a lot of families in our park. I hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN