Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Exotic pets. Do you have any? *Pics*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Nope and there are very few I would want to own lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jella31:

Omg! I've always wanted one!! Are they hard to care for? Soo cute!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Pepper thehedgehog.

No VERY easy.  Change out their fleece bedding daily-wash out their whisper wheel and feed them high quality dry cat food.  Bu they are cranky things. You can also let them run loose in the tub-and give them the occasional bath.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I have had hedgehogs for awhile now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Xs 3 I was post a dork face pic of him~

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Great minds :)

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I was going to post the same thing.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I have a husband...does he count?

julianna0830
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
8 moms liked this
Will someone like this? I want to come back later and see what else people post! I have always wanted something different, I just dont know what lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

We have 6 snakes. 2 ball pythons, 2red tail boas ,and burmese python, and a burmese rock python. They are all in reinforced, locked cages. We love reptiles. We had an iguana that would have been about 8ft long but he was missing about two and a half feet of his tail.

Quoting lanes_mom0109:

We had 2 albino pythons and a bearded dragon until I got pregnant with our son. I was paranoid of the sneaky bastards getting out if the cage and getting him. When the kids are older I plan on getting more snakes.

MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Totally not kidding and make sure you keep a lid on the tank they hop out and commit suicide. I've had do many of them, search pics of them they get big!
Mine ate food made for African claw frogs, and they will eat your fish if you put non aggressive fish in there with them

Wait I was mistaken they only get up to five inches, it must have one of the other frogs I had, ill have to go and see, I used to take reptiles that no one wanted because they were sick or got to big

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

you're flipping jokin right?

my boyfriends brother gave him to us and ugh it's so ugly. so I'm assuming its a baby then?

do you know anything else about them? proper care and all that jazz? I hate it but I didn't want it to like die so we took it lol

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

African claw frog... That shit will get the size of a dinner plate!

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Mobile Photo

I have an ugly ass frog. albino something claw frog I think?

idk it's ugly though.

I'm thinking about getting a chameleon. but we just got a dog so I think I'm holding off on it for a while. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

2 corn snakes that are about 3 feet now. One is albino and one is a lavender. Not the most exotic but I told my DF to start with something small before moving to the big boys. I would love to have a skunk!

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM
And keep their cage temp between 72 and 80

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jella31:

Omg! I've always wanted one!! Are they hard to care for? Soo cute!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Pepper thehedgehog.

No VERY easy.  Change out their fleece bedding daily-wash out their whisper wheel and feed them high quality dry cat food.  Bu they are cranky things. You can also let them run loose in the tub-and give them the occasional bath.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
10 moms liked this

Meh- thanks to all the folks who somehow get their identities as uber cool by keep exotics- we now have all of these unwanted and dangerous snakes in the states.

Thanks a billion.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)