Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Exotic pets. Do you have any? *Pics*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (611-620):
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM

not sure if a guinea pig counts as exotic, but I know most veterenarians don't work with them.

Sexymom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I love snakes, don't own any yet though.

IHaveFrogLegs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

crissysworld
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

No. I would not have snakes or anything like that. I had an iguana but we don't have him anymore and the fact that I have a young child I wouldn't have any. I would never have a snake. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
So they never try to eat a cat or small dog?

Quoting teal.blaze:

It's a myth. Snakes have been known to go through periods of "famine," but it's usually do to some sort of stressor, or just because they feel like it. Ball pythons are particularly prone to this, they get stressed out really easy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone told me if you have one of those big snakes that if they start thinning themselves (not eating) they're making room because they have their eye on something BIG...like your cat, dog, or even your kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Well that's real white trash of you do you enjoy putting your children in harm everyday
teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Maybe if said cat or dog is very small, but most snakes can't eat something bigger than maybe a rabbit, purely because of the size of the snakes head. It's mouth wouldn't open far enough. But they don't "thin" before eating something bigger than what's typical for them. They can either eat it or they can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

So they never try to eat a cat or small dog?

Quoting teal.blaze:

It's a myth. Snakes have been known to go through periods of "famine," but it's usually do to some sort of stressor, or just because they feel like it. Ball pythons are particularly prone to this, they get stressed out really easy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone told me if you have one of those big snakes that if they start thinning themselves (not eating) they're making room because they have their eye on something BIG...like your cat, dog, or even your kid.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM

must be brave speaking behind an anonymous name trashing the way she is raising her children. She is raising them to be accepting of natures creatures as well as understanding the limits. i highly DOUBT she leaves the two alone in a room and tells the snake to babysit, as well as im sure the tank is properly secured, especially for a snake that size. 

You raise your children to understand what is around them, not fear it. 

teal.blaze
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I can't see the pic :(

Quoting .Elena:

Her name's Kit (we're inventive with names). What you can't see is the hoard of miscellaneous "gifts" under her. She steals constantly for reasons unknown. She never destroys or eats anything though, she just puts them on that chair and sits on top of them and acts annoyed when you take them away.

Quoting tiffanyrachelle:

Pic? :)

Quoting .Elena:

We have a red fox. The kids took care of her and she won't/can't leave now. She's allowed outside but she's much happier inside on a lap, which I'm glad of because she has no natural fear of dogs and foxhunting is popular where we live (though most "hunts" don't use a real fox any more) and she'd go right up to a dog that could hurt or kill her. I'll have to dig for a picture of her, she likes to mouth phones and cameras so most of the ones I have are of her nose or the inside of her mouth, LOL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
All I have to I say is that I'm
Glad I don't live in OP's trailer park!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)