Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exotic pets. Do you have any? *Pics*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Replies (621-630):
NYChicago
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Hahahahaha!! Wow!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Exotic pets are dangerous. .most people dont realize how many have to die in order for you to get your exotic pet. especially monkeys 7out of 10 die on the way overseas. and people rarely know how to tske care of exotic snakes as well. bc they are wild animals. and can turn on a person anytime. even after many years of not turning. they are wild for a reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
They are wild. Dont deserve to be captive for your enjoyment. most hedgehogs only live half their lifespan in captivity

Quoting jella31:

Omg! I've always wanted one!! Are they hard to care for? Soo cute!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Pepper thehedgehog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Are you freakin kidding me?? I am an licensed wildlife rehabber and you people are the reason we have so many "pet " skunks that people.decided were too hard to handle. skunks are not pets. and keeping them is wrong. they need land and roaming to survive. you are giving them a life of misery bc you want an exotic pet. most die bc skunks are very hard to keep alive in captivity

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

2 corn snakes that are about 3 feet now. One is albino and one is a lavender. Not the most exotic but I told my DF to start with something small before moving to the big boys. I would love to have a skunk!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Oh, let me guess- the Humane Society of the United States or perhaps out of your butt?

Most exotic petswithin the UNITED STATES come from captive bred and owned parents- and grandparents and greatgrandparents and onward... You obviously know nothing about exotic animals besides nonsense the Animal Rights' fools have been spouting over the years.

And exotic pets means a lot of different animals- from the reptile trade to sugar gliders to ferrets to hedgehogs to Chinchillas to Servals to lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Actually, less people are killed by exotic pets then by lightning strikes. The only reason you hear about exotic pet issues is because it makes sensational news, 

Quoting Anonymous:

Exotic pets are dangerous. .most people dont realize how many have to die in order for you to get your exotic pet. especially monkeys 7out of 10 die on the way overseas. and people rarely know how to tske care of exotic snakes as well. bc they are wild animals. and can turn on a person anytime. even after many years of not turning. they are wild for a reason.

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We have a Box Turtle and a Red footed Slider right now. They are rescues. The slider will be released this summer. The Box has to stay. I have rescued a half ton of animals so I have had a lot. I miss the Bearded Dragons and Chameleons the most. The snakes are pretty cool but I don't like anything bigger than my old Red Tail. I tend to have a bunch of baby squirrels during hurricane season. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
No its bc we get hundreds of reports of deaths by exotic pets. and bc we spend half our time at work taking care of animals people no longer want bc they attack..and wild animals even.ferrets and snakes can attack for no reason even from so called responsible breeders or owners..we have three snakes we are rehabbing thanks to dumb owners. and we get everything from monkeys ferrets and even bird bc they attack for no reason. and guess what they are screwed to live in captivity with health problems no less bc of people like you and your mentality that just bc you can do something means you should. and even zoos agree with me. not just animal rights places

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. Where are you coming up with this nonsense? Oh, let me guess- the Humane Society of the United States or perhaps out of your butt?

Most exotic petswithin the UNITED STATES come from captive bred and owned parents- and grandparents and greatgrandparents and onward... You obviously know nothing about exotic animals besides nonsense the Animal Rights' fools have been spouting over the years.

And exotic pets means a lot of different animals- from the reptile trade to sugar gliders to ferrets to hedgehogs to Chinchillas to Servals to lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Actually, less people are killed by exotic pets then by lightning strikes. The only reason you hear about exotic pet issues is because it makes sensational news, 

Quoting Anonymous:

mitty18
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I've no clue. We got her pregnant and when we got her they told us she was

Quoting juansmommy:

How can you tell she's preggo? My daughter was given one but I think it's preggo. She got super fat super quick and spastic. I have a piggy and dog. I am scared crapless of snakes. I bawl like a two year old

Quoting mitty18:

Mobile Photo

pyper the pregnant g. pig

mitty18
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Adorable. Her markings are Himalayan. Not Siamese like I put before. In was talking to a friend about jwr rat when I posted her rat is siamese lol

Quoting PreggoPebbles:

We have a dumbo rat that looks exactly like that one...

This is Lucy, Amelia, and Giselle:

Quoting mitty18:

Mobile Photo

ghost siemese marked domesticated rat

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured