Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am 24 and about to have 4 kids 3 years and younger....now I am a bad mom?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
I am 24 years old(birthday was in February) and have a 3 year old and 9 month old twins. After my twins were born I got on birth control(Mirena) and we had planned to wait 4-5 years before TTC again. Major surprise when we found out we were pregnant...so here we are, pregnant(due in July) and our children will be 3 and around 13 months when number 4 is born. I have gotten so much negativity about this baby it is ridiculous. I have been called a bad mother. Been told I won't have any time for any of my children. Been told they will resent me. All sorts of crap. Many people have told me that I should have aborted as soon as we found out. It's not like we got pregnant because we were being irresponsible. And the timing isn't great, but we are excited and look forward to what another baby will bring to our family. Would you say I am a bad mom for having 4 kids that will be 3 and under at the age of 24?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM
No, I wouldn't- I'm 25 and pregnant with my 4th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I think if you guys are excited and ready sbd can handle it then its none of my business. Good luck :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

If you are happy and can handle all of them that is all that matters. I have three kids and they can be a handful. Hubby wants a fourth but I'm just not ready yet.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

as long as you can support them have a dozen for all I care.

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Not my life... 

lucydiamond
by LD on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Prove them wrong and stay hella organized.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Absolutely not! I think it's great when siblings are close in age as they have more in common. I think you're lucky :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
At first we were not excited, petrified actually, but either way a baby will be here soon and I would rather look forward to it than dread it. Lol. It is definitely going to be interesting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think if you guys are excited and ready sbd can handle it then its none of my business. Good luck :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM
You can't win if this post was I'm aborting bc 4 would be too much you get all sorts of crap. I personally believe that everything happens for a reason and this baby must be meant to be, although your hands will be full and you will need lots of support. Goodluck happy healthy 9 months!
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it.

If you can handle 3, 4 is no big jump.

Congrats momma. 

Not to mention.. when you're just 44.. ALL of your kiddos will be over 20.  It's a pretty sweet deal.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN