Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does watching a rape scene in a movie make you or so uncomfortable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I would rather not see them, especially the rather brutal ones, but I'm not going to turn off the movie over it.

If there is a rape in a movie, dh is done with the movie. Last House on the Left was a pretty graphic one and he wouldn't even watch the rest of the movie.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Nope. I won't watch any movies with rape scenes in the. It is a major trigger for me

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I'm not all about rape or anything but those scenes don't bother me.
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

They aren't fun obviously, but if they're part of the plot I guess I can stand them. I think it's cute your husband is like that. 

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I can't handle it. Even non graphic rape scenes that are in tv shows, it severely bothers me. SO tries to make jokes about it, that pisses me off even more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucydiamond
by LD on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I haven't seen a lot of them but the one in Last House on the Left made me ill. I couldn't watch the rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM

If I know there's a scene like that in a movie, I don 't bother watching it period.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Rape scenes don't bother me.

jojo_star
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I can't watch them, they are horrible triggers for me, I'll have flashbacks and nightmares. If my husband knows there is a scene like that in a movie, he won't let me watch the movie, and I'm grateful for that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Yes, it REALLY bothers me. I was totally into Sons of Anarchy until the episode where Gemma was raped. I haven't watched an episode since, it gave me anxiety and bad thoughts for a month after.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I have issues watching movies with rape scenes. If there is a scene I will skip it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN