Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

weening and bf ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My ds is 1. He bfs and eats table food. We want to start weening very soon. The problem is he refuses a bottle or sippy. Absolutely will not take either. How in the hell do I get him to drink something?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Cup? My 11mo old is the same way. I'm fine with bf til she's almost 2 or even 2. But she will drink from a cup sometimes if I'm not around. I'd think if you take the breast away he'll drink from a cup or straw even. You might have to hold your finger on one end and dump the liquid into his mouth with the straw at first though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I've never been away from him, but he shakes his head when you get near him with something to drink lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Cup? My 11mo old is the same way. I'm fine with bf til she's almost 2 or even 2. But she will drink from a cup sometimes if I'm not around. I'd think if you take the breast away he'll drink from a cup or straw even. You might have to hold your finger on one end and dump the liquid into his mouth with the straw at first though.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Straw might work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

My DS refused a bottle and we ended up teaching him to drink with a straw first. I remember my DH squeezing a juice box so he realized how it worked. Then we were able to progress to sippy cup and glass. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)