Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I DON'T DESERVE MY CHILDREN EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 904 Replies
31 moms liked this

That is what I was told bc I did blanket training.

FYI Blanket Training is NOT abuse, just like CIO is NOT abuse!

Yes I used "blanket training."  Yes I put my children on a blanket w/a bunch of toys.  If they got off the blanket I put them back on.  No I did not hit them, I did not encourage them to get off the blanket just to "get them in trouble and break their spirit."

No I did not use a play pen/pack n play. I chose blanket training so I didn't have to lug a huge thing around, so my child could go room to room while I cleaned & I could still interact w/them. So I could shower & they were safe in the bathroom w/me (no I didn't always get a shower when they were sleeping).

30-45min a day on a blanket playing is not hurting them in anyway & no it was not all at once.

Blanket training was also used bc we camp a lot, easier to pack a blanket than a big thing. We go to the beach a lot & do picnics a lot so this worked out great.

Wanting "obedient" well behaved children does not mean I am breaking their spirit or treating them like dogs. I swear some of you women who want to say I am warped; I think you are warped for telling me I don't deserve my children, that I'm abusive & that my children can't wait to escape me.  All bc I did "blanket training." Now that is warped!

Break their spirit? They are now 13 & 8 & I know for a fact that their spirits are not broken.  They have always been curious children, they play sports, ride horses, go gymnastics, run around outside constantly, try new things.  They are loving, caring, respectful, well behaved children. I see nothing wrong w/saying they are "obedient." If you don't like that word well I don't know what to tell you but they are good kids.

Now for the uneducated who for some unknown reason thinks this is abuse go ahead & continue to bash me & tell me I don't deserve my wonderful kids!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanket_training  I did not set time aside just to train my child though.

http://www.aboverubies.net/2012/03/first-time-obedience-blanket-training.html  Again, I did not set time aside to "train" it was just something we did in our routine.

http://lifewiththelittlers.blogspot.com/2012/03/blanket-training-101.html

Ok I could post more links but I'm not going to right now.

While these links have them setting time aside, I didn't do that or use a timer.

I posted the links bc a poster keeps giving false info so I wanted to clarify that "blanket training" does not equal hitting or scaring a baby or child.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladysamanda
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM
25 moms liked this
Are you trying to sell people on this blanket training thing? If so....NOT working. Still makes you sound like a crazy woman.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM
18 moms liked this

IMO there's nothing wrong with blanket training unless it's done improper. How is it improper? If you tease your child with a toy and smack them for going to get the toy.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
7 moms liked this
After talking with OP this is all I have to say about this entire thread and about the OP...

I do not see getting defensive with internet STRANGERS over the way you parent is "normal".... I do not get defensive with people IRL about how I choose to parent my child, they have their opinions, great.... 
If you believe you are doing what is right there is NO need to get defensive about it... Maybe YOU dont believe in what your doing? lol.. Who knows....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM
8 moms liked this

Only the ignorant bash.

I'm sure you can't even tell me why I sound crazy.

Quoting ladysamanda:

Are you trying to sell people on this blanket training thing? If so....NOT working. Still makes you sound like a crazy woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM
SMH.
ladysamanda
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Do you want me to be happy for you? Scaring your children into not doing something makes you a wonderful parent right? You can deny and deny but you have issues. Kudos on beating your kids for no reason at all.......
gigis1
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
6 moms liked this
I had never heard of this in my life but I guess if you think it's right and cps thinks it's ok then it's fine :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I just kept putting my kids back on the blanket.

So if I was cooking, I'd stop & go put them back on the blanket. They learned to stay on the blanket after awhile. It was great play time for them.

I did have a play pen that I got rid of bc I never used it. My mom tried once & my kids flipped. 

Quoting bear.katten:

Blanket training?? So you somehow get them to stay on the blanket? How in the world do you do that???

kaybear123
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

What exactly is blanket training?? Lol

ShanMarie85
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
How does that work exactly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN