Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you change your FB profile pic today?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
What did you change it to? Half of my friends today have changed their profile pics to the red equal sign that the human rights campaign changed theirs to.

Eta- ok so I lied, I changed mine..lol.. my pic (outting myself by posting a pic lol) is on pg like 6...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayla2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this
My wedding picture of dh and I. We were just married Saturday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Nope. I never mix politics with facebook.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I don't have fb anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I changed mine to the red equal sign as well.
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I am not on "FACE BOOK".

NOR do I ever want to be..............

Fatal_Frost
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this
No... my facebook rarely changes to reflect my beliefs, its basically centered around my family, my kids, so far away relatives can see how they're doing
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Yes, I changed mine.

I rarely follow the "slacktivist" trends on Facebook and typically find them useless and annoying. But, this one is an important cause to me and I think it has been really great how many people have done it in solidarity and support for our fellow humans.

Did you change yours, OP?
aka_speezolove
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM
8 moms liked this

I didn't change mine, but I had this to say:

"

I can't stay silent any longer. I will probably lose some friends over this and may even lose some fans on my blog, but I need to speak out about gay marriage.

I am a supporter of it. The God I love, know and believe in is about love and justice. The God I know knew that "it is not good for man to be alone.." and so he made a suitable helper. A woman is not a suitable helper for a gay man just as a man is not a suitable helper for a lesbian woman. The God I know commanded me to love, love love.. Marriage is about love. The God I know said "Good trees will bear good fruit and bad trees will only bear bad friut. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.." when speaking of teachings and morals. How many gays and lesbians have been tormented and tortured internally and externally because of the "Good teaching" that homosexuality is wrong?? If a Good tree cannot bear bad fruit, why is this "good" teaching constantly bearing bad fruit for our homosexual brothers and sisters?

The God I love is about Justice. How is it just to tell someone they must deny who they are and be alone for the rest of their lives because of how they are? I truly 100% believe Gay people are born gay! Since our God does not make mistakes, why would he create gay people if they were not meant to be that way?

Like I said, I may lose some fans, friends and family might even be mad at me, but this is my honest heart on the matter. Kindly remove yourself from my friends list if you don't agree with me and wish to tell me how wrong I am. Love is not wrong. It is talked about hundreds of times in the Bible. That tells me that love is the #1 thing God wants from his children when treating others."

kaybear123
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Nope, I didn't change it.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)