Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My opinion doesn't count?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok. Why the hell not. We're all talking gay marriage tonight. I'm not stating my actual position on any of these issues. But there I one thing I would like to discuss. If we can.

I don't agree with gay marriage so I don't get to have an opinion?

I don't agree with abortion so my opinion's not wanted there either?

Who cares why you believe what you believe at this point? These are issues we elect public officials on. These are issues that require voting. So why would my opinion not count as much as yours? If I feel it is affecting me or my children don't I get a say so?

I keep seeing the same argument. It's not your uterus, it's not your marriage, it's not your son being circumcised so stay out of it. Please give me a better argument. As soon as you try to take away my right to vote against the issue your argument is invalid to me.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM
5 moms liked this
Eh, idc either way about gay marriage.. I'm not God, I have sinned, and God forgives sinners sooo if it is a sin I'm guessing its forgiven?
Those without sin cast the first stone.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I'm with you

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, idc either way about gay marriage.. I'm not God, I have sinned, and God forgives sinners sooo if it is a sin I'm guessing its forgiven?

Those without sin cast the first stone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-BlueBell-
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM
24 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM
8 moms liked this

well thats fine you dont agree with gay marriage, no one is asking you to get married to another woman (assuming you are a female) but...

Why should you or others control what other people do? Being gay isnt a crime....

I think you should grant others what you would want granted for you. The right and freedom to choose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
you can have an opinion. just dont be a douchebag about it.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Everyone has a right to an opinion. The problem comes in when a law based on religion effects the rights of citizens. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
So continuing on what you're talking about, what should the law be based on an how is that decided?

Quoting wkukid:

Everyone has a right to an opinion. The problem comes in when a law based on religion effects the rights of citizens. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

The thing is that it doesn't effect you or your kids that's the whole argument. If i married a woman how does that change your life? If I get an abortion does that change things you do? I bought a sprite today. Do you care about that? Nope. If it doesn't effect you then why care? Just go on about your day and don't let it bother you.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

You're definitely able to have an opinion.  No one says you can't.

Your vote counts as much as mine.

However, just because you have an opinion doesn't mean no one can challenge you on said opinion.

That said... it's NOT your uterus and it's NOT your marriage.  If you don't like abortion, don't have one!  If you don't agree with gay marriage, don't gay marry someone!  You just said "if I feel it is affecting me or my children"... how in any way does two men getting married (or some woman you've never met terminating her pregnancy at 6 weeks) have any kind of effect on you or your children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Well so many times I see people state their opinion or how they want to vote and the other side respond very negatively. For example this whole posting pictures on Facebook. Ok if you can post an equal sign and I shouldn't delete you then I can post the man an woman (I think) sign and not be deleted base on that right? Is it really going both ways? So many people saying, "yeah I lost friends and I deleted some because of it blah blah blah" that's my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

you can have an opinion. just dont be a douchebag about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)