Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i really a "bad mom"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I got called a bad mother the other day because my daughter already knows about periods and puberty she is 5 1/2 do you think it's wrong for my daughter to know something that with eventually happen to her. I am not talking to her about sex or anything along those lines and my daughter still thinks that you wake up one day and you have a big fat belly cause god wants you to have a baby. So before the bashing about that i had to clear that up lol. but really do you think children should be sheltered about puberty and periods all girls live in my house so i mean tampons midol heating pads chocolate and bloody underwear are common once a month around here.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong with telling a child the truth about their body.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Hmmmm, hard to really answer that since I'm out numbered by four males in my house but girls are starting their cycles younger and younger these days so I don't really see an issue with it? I mean, what does she know about periods and puberty is probably a better question? My sons came across a box of my tampons when looking for toilet paper and started throwing em around like party favors. They asked what they're for and I told them for mommys female thing. I didn't go any further than that since they have the attention span of fruit flies at this age. My old history teacher started her cycle when she was six so...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I don't understand how women don't talk to their girls about it that young! Dd is almost 11 and has known about all that forever! She never lets me go to the bathroom in peace, even now! And we talk about everything! I guess not all kids are nosy like her. My older son wasn't. But, he still knew about periods and everything really young. He lives in my house. Although, at 15, I'm pretty sure he would rather he didn't! Lol
MaMa.Lu
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Shoot my two year old dd insists on getting pads for me, taking them out of the wrapper and sticking it in my underwear.

Whenever I go pee she always asks me, "Mommy you need a diaper?" Meaning a pad. Lol
lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Um now the younger the better IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM

nope, I was 8 when I started my period and 7 when I had to sling the twins so I started really early with my kids too.

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Eh. My girls haven't even noticed anything yet, but I think I might have to have The Talk with my son about girls are not to be disrespected, they are emotional, sensitive....

Who am I kidding. He lives with 3 girls. He knows this already.
besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Uhm... noo I think they should know! Children are getting their periods as young as 8 years old, they need to be prepared!

Lalalie
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Nope, I'm all for educating girls about their body.

db1au
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I did not think my kid needed  to know all that at 5.   I don't think you are wrong for telling her.  it will be a part of  her life one day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)