Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Assisted suicied, what would you choose?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 211 Replies
2 moms liked this

What are your views on assisted suicide?  If both are consenting why/why not?  Should a person with terminal cancer or an elderly person who just wants to finally be at peace be able to say when its time and seek help to go peacefully?  Who are we to say what they can and cant do with their body or have someone help them at no cost to WHO is helping them. Thoughts?

edited the title and bumping because I posted this at like 2-3am.

*BTW that was one of the reasons given to me as to WHY people get sick... So they can make up for their sins. Nice huh?

Anon said : "Any time you get sick or hurt, it's a way to make up for some sins"

Another Mama on here had some questions as well that should be take into consideration.  Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Now there are many of us who would like to discus this subject openly and try to understand how others believe it can help people and what some of the dangers of this might be.

While I'm sure the bible is a guild to many, I'd personally like to hear other peoples opinions and reasons for those opinions, without just saying it's a sin.

What have you experienced in your life that caused you to have the opinion you have.

Did you know someone who suffered?

Do you suffer?

How do you think we can help end the suffering?

Do you want to be able to say when enough is enough for you?

What do you think is an ideal way to end your life?

How much suffering is too much?

What is an acceptable amount of suffering?

Should the mentally ill be allowed to end their life, if their long term suffering can not be alleviated?

What about the severely handicapped?

Where would you draw the line as to what suffering is?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:45 AM
I don't support gay marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I believe that assisted suicide should be legal.  My octogenarian parents belong to the "Hemlock Society" and will end their life when they are ready.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I think they should be able to make that choice. I agree that it's their body their choice. I would rathe my grandparent do that instead of choosing to do it when they are alone.
mlsc85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM
7 moms liked this

I support gay marriage. I support a woman's right to choose. I support a terminally ill person's right to die with dignity and without pain. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I'm not really sure how I feel about assisted suicide but it's legal in Switzerland I believe( might be a different European country) and ppl from the us have gone there for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I think it should be legal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:49 AM
a few years ago I woulda said no way to assisted suicide, but now I do think it should be legal. after working in memory support units and watching the horrible declines, many very drawn out and just miserable for them, I think the option should be there not to suffer like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I think assisted suicide should be legal. Everyone should have the right to die with dignity and on their own terms. I am also pro-choice and for marriage equality.

horseap
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't support gay marriage.

How do you get gay marriage from assisted suicide?  And please dont be dumb enough to say one is the other...  I honestly hope you just didnt read the post and assumed thats what it was about.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I have no problem with ending your life if that is what you really want to do. Just another way for the government to control everything you do. You can be arrested for trying to kill yourself, so yeah, the government is controlling your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)