Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As an outsider looking into our relationship. Do you think DH and I...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Trust each other a little too much? For example, I'll go out with friends (all girls) for a night out drinking once a month or sometimes twice a month. Sometimes I won't go home til the next day because I'm the only one with a car. My DH and I usually put our LO to bed and then I leave. We only have one car so he can't drop me off. He knows it's only us women and he knows I'd never do anything to jeopardize our marriage or our family. I have a friend who recently moved out here maybe a month or two ago and sometimes we hang out together at her apartment. She stays there with her older brothers (one isn't married but has a family and the other one isn't into women). My DH doesn't get bothered or anything if I stay there and hang out. Samething with DH... He'll go out with his friends to the bar for a couple of drinks or just hang out at a friend's house. I trust him 100% and I know as well he would never do anything to jeopardize our marriage or our family but looking into our relationship as a stranger do you think we trust each other a little too much?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:16 AM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM
My dh and I are the exact same as you guys are. We are just so blessed to have such healthy loving marriages. Congrats on a wonderful man!
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:18 AM

IF you do then so do we. We trust each other beyond a shadow of a doubt.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you.  And its not my place to tell you if you trust each other to much, that, and I just don't care.  Its better to trust then not to trust, and be paranoid he is cheating.

TXbornmama
by Rachel<3 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:20 AM

no my DH and I are the same way and I think trust is the best foundation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Thanks! I know but I'm just bored tonight and this question just popped into my head so I decided to post it on here. You're right! I'm truly blessed without a doubt that I have found someone who respects me. Thanks again for your answer.

Quoting CutieCrab:

Good for you.  And its not my place to tell you if you trust each other to much, that, and I just don't care.  Its better to trust then not to trust, and be paranoid he is cheating.

CrystalPystol
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM
No. We are the same way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CutieCrab
by Jen on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! I know but I'm just bored tonight and this question just popped into my head so I decided to post it on here. You're right! I'm truly blessed without a doubt that I have found someone who respects me. Thanks again for your answer.

Quoting CutieCrab:

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:24 AM
That sounds like a healthy relationship to me.
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Sounds good. If he doesn't abuse your trust, no reason to treat him like he would. Bf and I are the same kind of secure. I went out or karaoke one night and my phone died, I felt so bad and even worried it would affect us, but no, he knew me well enough to know I wouldn't do that to him. When bf hasn't texted I know he's doing his own thing and enjoying himself and it doesn't involve flirting with anyone else. He's never given me reason to think otherwise.

I always thought I was weird or too trusting too and I mistakenly trusted the wrong guys in past situations even to a point of chosen dissonance. When I started dating him I made the conscious decision to give him the same trust. He's proven himself well worth my trust and has never abused or taken advantage of it. He's very mindful and considerate.

There's nothing wrong with trusting. If you trust him it's because you have seen no reason not to and it's healthy to be that way. I'd rather be that way, personally, than to treat someone like they did wrong for no reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured