Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I a Bad sister?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ok so I have been baby sitting my niece since January and have only gotten paid 3 times and never for the full amount we discussed. We agreed on Mon -Fri 8-5 and $120 every two weeks. She is having a hard time she is a single mother of 4 receives CS for her oldest and her youngest ( yet he hasn't been paying). She is always struggling my parents always have to bail her out of situations. We do well but I was kind of looking forward to having a little extra money to spend.

The thing is she hasn't been paying me but goes out on the weekends with her friends. Dh said that if she doesn't start paying I can no longer watch her DD. I feel bad but am kind of tired of the poor me card. She doesn't even bring her snacks or even a half gallon of milk for the week she gets FS.

Should I feel bad for asking her to pay me?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I wouldn't especially since yall discussed a price to begin with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karisma22
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If she can afford to go out with friends, then she needs to pay you.

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
If you talked about finances then it shouldn't be a problem asking.... I think she's acting dumb since you haven't said anything. It won't hurt her either to buy a little bit of groceries when she gets her benefits. I did that when my brother watched my LO... Cuz dang food is getting expensive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Who watches the kids when she goes out on weekends? Don't feel guilty, if she has money for fun she has money to pay you. Single parenting is tough but she still needs to do her in part & not put so much on you, if anyone is bad it's not you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I would figure she would automatically bring some stuff BUT then again she would never di that when my mom would watch her kids on the weekend. Her children would eat everything in one weekend.

I talked to my mom about it and she said she mentioned to my sister if she had paid me. My sister had the nerve to get mad and say " is she bitching about it?"

Quoting barneysaid:

If you talked about finances then it shouldn't be a problem asking.... I think she's acting dumb since you haven't said anything. It won't hurt her either to buy a little bit of groceries when she gets her benefits. I did that when my brother watched my LO... Cuz dang food is getting expensive.
wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I had the same problem last year. My one brother-in-law asked me to watch his daughter for him while he was working. My DH got the other daughter off the bus and we had 2 kids to watch for like 2-3 hours. I watched the younger one from 10:30 in the morning until around 5 or so in the evening. He never paid me or thanked me. One time he bought  a box of brownie mix for me. He still doesn't pay anyone for anything. He lives with my MIL rent free and doesn't pay electric. But has the money to go out a buy all kinds of crap he doesn't need.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

if she can go out on the weekends she can pay  you, shes taking advantage of you because you are her sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM
My mother gets that gig on the weekends. She would also have me pick up her other 3 kids from school. They live close to their schools so once it started to get warm I told her that her kids could walk. I don't have a big car so I ( 3 of my own in car seats and 2 go to school) would have to make 3 trips since I had to leave 2 of mine with my brother just so I would have room for her kids. My car eats gas like no other so that was a pain

Quoting Anonymous:

Who watches the kids when she goes out on weekends? Don't feel guilty, if she has money for fun she has money to pay you. Single parenting is tough but she still needs to do her in part & not put so much on you, if anyone is bad it's not you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Sounds like my sister. She once bought a hoodie I bought from my nieces softball team as payment for me picking up her kids instead of the actual cash. Guess what the coach has yet to give us our stuff have been waiting since last season

Quoting wyattsmom2009:

I had the same problem last year. My one brother-in-law asked me to watch his daughter for him while he was working. My DH got the other daughter off the bus and we had 2 kids to watch for like 2-3 hours. I watched the younger one from 10:30 in the morning until around 5 or so in the evening. He never paid me or thanked me. One time he bought  a box of brownie mix for me. He still doesn't pay anyone for anything. He lives with my MIL rent free and doesn't pay electric. But has the money to go out a buy all kinds of crap he doesn't need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Her friends might be paying for her to go out. My sister will pay when I go out with her because I dont have the money to spend!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)