Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Control Freak!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not trying to be such a control freak but how do I get my mil to listen to me about what is good for my daughter?

I ask because dd hadn't had a bowel movement in about 3-4 days and my mil gave her glysocine (probably spelled it wrong) but it was a little tube of liquid and she stuck all of it in my daughters behind and now she's pooping 3-4 times a day since she put it in (on the 17th)

I tried telling her it was normal since she's breast fed and now that she's 8 weeks all my colstrum is gone. I even call dd's doctor and asked him and he said she was okay that if she's not gaining weight or producing wet diapers 5-6 times a day then to be concerned  and I told her all of this but she kept going on about how it's not good for her and then she started comparing my dd to my sister in laws friends daughter and how she had the same problem and that their doctor told her the same thing and that there was really something worng and she had to have surgery... blah blah blah.... I get she's trying to help but she hasn't had a baby on over 16 yrs and my sil doesn't have any children.

Oh also she tries to get me to feed dd on schedule instead of on demand... they also love to pass her back and forth like a doll and it's starts to irritate her and she starts getting fussy and instead of letting me get her to calm her down they keep passing her back and forth to each other and get he more cranky.

So am I being too harsh or am I in the wrong? If not then how do I speak to her nicely about any issues I have when it comes to dd?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
proudmama11212
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this
No you are not! Youre the mother not them you do the best for your kid! I honestly would not even let them babysit and if i see my child getting all fussy i would get up and grab my child from them to comfort. I wish you luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
And other theres no nice way to tell them sorry i would be a bitch but thats me personally
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope not to hard! Your baby, your choices! And yes I would have been royally pissed about her doing that to my baby after you said not too! My firstborn didn't poop for like 2 weeks after birth, her pedi said if she's not acting in pain don't worry yet..... Well everyone said no you need to do something.... Well, I didn't, i listened to her pedi.....And quess what at 4 weeks she started pooping and hasn't stopped yet!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Thank you for your support! i even tried talking to dh about it but all he can say is "I tried to tell you and what do you want me to do about it?" Ugh it's frustrating because we currently live with her. So i try to keep to myself on our side of the house but it's hard because my sil likes to come in while I'm feeding her or they want her when she's asleep and I dunno how to talk to them without coming across as a bitch since we are living here!

proudmama11212
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Be a bitch its your kid you can do whatever you thinkits right for it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for your support! i even tried talking to dh about it but all he can say is "I tried to tell you and what do you want me to do about it?" Ugh it's frustrating because we currently live with her. So i try to keep to myself on our side of the house but it's hard because my sil likes to come in while I'm feeding her or they want her when she's asleep and I dunno how to talk to them without coming across as a bitch since we are living here!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morriganna
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Do you live with your inlaws?  I'd move. 

She has given your newborn essentially medical intervention against your wishes and doctor's orders - she has issues and it won't get better. 

Also, is this the first grandchild?  Poke holes in SIL's diaphragm to get some pressure off of you and your child!  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

For them yes but I have another daughter from a previous relationship.

Quoting morriganna:

Do you live with your inlaws?  I'd move. 

She has given your newborn essentially medical intervention against your wishes and doctor's orders - she has issues and it won't get better. 

Also, is this the first grandchild?  Poke holes in SIL's diaphragm to get some pressure off of you and your child!  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured