Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love my MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

I went over to her house a little bit ago to do some laundry...she lives next door, and has a washer...and my in laws have even said, why buy a washer and dryer when we have one...so I couldn't argue.

She knows I'm sick, and shes all, have you taken any vitamins? And I said no. And she shuffles to her kitchen, looks for something in her pantry, and then pulls out these little packets...they're like a mexican brand, vitamin drink, and she warms up some water, but not to hot and not cold, and makes me a special little drink, and has me sit on her couch with a blanket, and drink it.............I feel tons better, not that I had something warm, or vitamins....but that she cared for me like a kid. My own mother never even did that kind of stuff.

I love her.

And then she put my clothes into the dryer while I took a little cat nap.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KTU
by Kim on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I love my in laws too.

birthmama2009
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM

My MIL is awesome! She works at a bakery and on my way to work every morning I stop in and she gives me a croissant with turkey [or ham] and swiss cheese. this is normally served at room temp, but she takes it back and throws it ni a microwave for me so that it's not too hot and not room temp when i'm eating it on my way to work!

coala
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Mine would come over and take care of me if she lived closer and if she didn't have an immuno compromised condition.  She is constantly telling her son to actually take care of me when I get sick.

RockEducation
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

She sounds very nice. Unfortunately, my MIL is dead. She was really cool. We were friends before I got together with DH.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Awesome! She sounds amazing. Lucky you! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I do feel lucky. I told my husband I probably wouldn't have married him if his mother wasn't so awesome, lol.

Quoting LyTe684:

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Lol!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do feel lucky. I told my husband I probably wouldn't have married him if his mother wasn't so awesome, lol.

Quoting LyTe684:

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM
How awesome! You are lucky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamsMomSays
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM
You are so lucky to have an amazing MIL. And she's so lucky that you appreciate her.
My MIL and I are very close, too, and it's such a blessing!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN