Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugggg

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 36 Replies
I'm so irritated I live with my mom for the safety of my child, and now she expects me to clean every day and supply food and clean up after her and my brother. if I don't I get yelled at by my husband because then he has to do it. We just got lice out of the house and she blamed me. We also do not have the credit to leave right now. It doesn't help that we were evicted from our apartment in August. I'm going to school tryi g to better my life and that isn't enough. She makes comments like at least your brother works. Wtf parenting is a full time job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I agree that you should purchase the food that you, your DH, and child eat..

I also feel like yeah.. you should clean every day... I clean my home every day.. I have kids.. things get messy fast..

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

kerriwarenda
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I stay in my room unless its for meals- I do not have to clean after her and her son! I am not there parent.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I also feel like yeah.. you should clean every day... I clean my home every day.. I have kids.. things get messy fast..

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
As they say
Earn your keep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I guess I just feel like as a family, everyone needs to pitch in. 

Especially when there are multiple adults, if a non structured cleaning living plan isn't work, maybe everyone needs to sit down and discuss who covers what responsibilities.  It definitely makes the home run much more smoothly, and makes everyone happy.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

I stay in my room unless its for meals- I do not have to clean after her and her son! I am not there parent.

Quoting KristenFowles:

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Maybe you guys can come to an agreement like hubs and I will do dishes once a day, clean bathroom once a week, mop once a week, vacume etc. then check it off as you go. Maybe less arguments? Proof you're doing your share? Let mom have input and maybe she will be off your butta. Agree to a set amount you will give for food. Give that amount. Good luck and remember this isn't for forever. You're moving forward even if it doesn't feel like it. Can you apply for section eight or help with housing?

kels1023
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, you sound like a whiny little brat. Your mother is doing you a huge favor. Act like an adult and chip in.
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

And this attitude is precisely why you are so miserable. GL to you....

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Quoting KristenFowles:

proudmama11212
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Hell no i would never do that unless it was out of the goodness of my heart not because my mom tells me-.- i would clean only the mess i make and buy the food i eat and thats it !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Get Your OWN Place & Move out.

kerriwarenda
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Really, paying 1000 in rent and not expecting a little help is being a whiny brat?

Quoting kels1023:

Honestly, you sound like a whiny little brat. Your mother is doing you a huge favor. Act like an adult and chip in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN