Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm so irritated I live with my mom for the safety of my child, and now she expects me to clean every day and supply food and clean up after her and my brother. if I don't I get yelled at by my husband because then he has to do it. We just got lice out of the house and she blamed me. We also do not have the credit to leave right now. It doesn't help that we were evicted from our apartment in August. I'm going to school tryi g to better my life and that isn't enough. She makes comments like at least your brother works. Wtf parenting is a full time job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (31-36):
EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Seriously, move the hell out. We are not going to pity you for the shitty situation you guys put yourself in. No one ruined your credit but yourselves. You should be grateful she lets you stay there.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Wow everyone needs to stop assuming I do not pay rent when I do. All I needed to do was vent but I guess that was to much to ask for on this group

Quoting EAzizM:

I am guessing you don't pay rent or bills? The least you can do it clean.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

I stay in my room unless its for meals- I do not have to clean after her and her son! I am not there parent.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I agree that you should purchase the food that you, your DH, and child eat..

I also feel like yeah.. you should clean every day... I clean my home every day.. I have kids.. things get messy fast..

kerriwarenda
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
So I guess it was okay that my kid almost killed herself and I should have stayed there then?

Quoting EAzizM:

Seriously, move the hell out. We are not going to pity you for the shitty situation you guys put yourself in. No one ruined your credit but yourselves. You should be grateful she lets you stay there.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Wow everyone needs to stop assuming I do not pay rent when I do. All I needed to do was vent but I guess that was to much to ask for on this group

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting kerriwarenda:

I stay in my room unless its for meals- I do not have to clean after her and her son! I am not there parent.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I also feel like yeah.. you should clean every day... I clean my home every day.. I have kids.. things get messy fast..

AnnLanders
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Staying in your room except for meals probably accentuates the "freeloading" image.  I see where you're coming from with trying to stay out of the way, but if you're living there you should be an active member of the household, not close yourself off like an irritated teenager.

I didn't mean for that to sound harsh.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Quoting KristenFowles:

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Smdh. This isn't about your kid...it is about you bitching about what you have to do in the house of someone that is HELPING you.

Quoting kerriwarenda:

So I guess it was okay that my kid almost killed herself and I should have stayed there then?

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Quoting KristenFowles:

Saille717
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want people to assume shit try giving us the details.  How did your kid nearly die that caused you to be evicted and ruined your credit?  
for $1000 a month you can't find your own place?  Since August?  What's wrong with you??  

And no, you can't whine like a spoiled little girl, expect us to read your mind, and then get all butthurt because YOU keep popping in with more details and shit.  If you don't want us to assume the background, then give us the background.  Woman up, Girl!  

nybor48
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

So, when you are not in school, you just hide out in your room?  and I'm guessing because you didn't answer the question, that your hubby doesn't work. So how do you pay that rent?  and if you are paying that much for rent at your moms, you could surely get a place of your own... may not be as big as you want but it would be something.    And who brought the LICE????  if my dd moved into my house and brought that with her, damn straight she'd be cleaning and doing laundry etc EVERY FREAKIN DAY..  you've been there for 7 months... get off your ass... you can work, go to school and raise your kids.  my dd is doing all of that ALL on her own in her own place, with no lazy sperm donor hangin around to freeload. and she has 3 kids all under the age of 7.  so like I said, Woman up cupcake!

Quoting kerriwarenda:

No actually she doesn't babysit for me when I leave for school my husband is home and I am not goi g rent free if you read the comments you would see that

Quoting nybor48:

lets see..... ummmm you got evicted, you and hubby and kid had to move in with mom, probably rent free, and you are using a room, electricity, water, garbage, and you are complaining about having to clean up the house?  does your hubs work?  or are you both hiding out in the room all day long?  if the hubs works, and you've been there since August.....my guess is that you could have gotten a place by now.  sounds like you need to "woman" up and take care of your business...  suppose you use your mom as free daycare too right? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)