Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I was talking with another cmer today in a post about forcing a child to have an abortion.

I said that if my 11 year old for 12 year old or 13 or even 14 year old were to get pregnant I would push very hard for an abortion. at that age the body isn't meant to handle a pregnancy and birth. not to mention the emotional damage it would do to that child to have a pregnancy, give birth and then go about trying to raise the baby when mentally the mother isn't capable of making adult and mature decisions

the way the child would get pregnant is not important to my question here. but my question is if you are 11 year old were to get pregnant, would you request an abortion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Replies (381-384):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Yes, my parents paid for everything and helped me, but I raised him. They didn't. He's always called me mom, I've always been responsible for him. I don't have anything to hide. He was arrested on an unrelated charge, a much 'worse' one legally, and was convicted, he is still in prison serving his sentence. I did not want to report him, and my parents agreed, after he was arrested for the other issue, because I did not want to have to prove that he was the father, because I did not want him to know or risk him suing for rights to my baby. 

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Wow..I'm so sorry that happened to u jojo..and yes u raised your son just like we all did..except your parents helped financially. You actually didn't hide behind anonymous like so many of these ppl do.what ever came of the "man"who did that to u?

Quoting jojo_star:

He is my son, I raised him. I had amazing parents. I was raped, that is how I got pregnant. You can sit there and judge all you like, but I raised my son. My parents watched him, but show me one mother that doesn't use a baby sitter. I did everything any other moms, I just needed more help than most. I had already had all my choices taken away from me, forcing me to do something I didn't want to do would have been even more damaging. And yes, I raised my son. My parents did not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He may be your son but you did not raise him. Your parents did. Had they not wanted that burden they should not be forced to.

I wouldn't do it. If I don't that baby would be neglected. She would get an abortion or adopt it out or her and her baby would both be turned over to social services.I won't provide for her kid. Nope.

But let's be real. What kind of parents did you have to wind up pregnant at 12? Obviously not very good ones. But yay they let you play with your baby while you were a preteen. Go mom and dad.

Quoting jojo_star:

I did. Of course I had a lot of help and my parents paid for everything, but I fed, clothed, got up at night, read stories to, took to the dr (parents drove me, obviously), etc. I raised him, he's my son. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Who raised your baby?

Quoting jojo_star:

I would want that, yes, but I wouldn't force it. I was pregnant at 12, and yes, my parents wanted me to abort. I did not, and they did not force me, for which I am very grateful. They fully supported my choice to keep the pregnancy, and I would do the same. 

pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
well they always say karma comes back to u! So it did for him. I can understand you doing that. How old is your son now?

Quoting jojo_star:

Yes, my parents paid for everything and helped me, but I raised him. They didn't. He's always called me mom, I've always been responsible for him. I don't have anything to hide. He was arrested on an unrelated charge, a much 'worse' one legally, and was convicted, he is still in prison serving his sentence. I did not want to report him, and my parents agreed, after he was arrested for the other issue, because I did not want to have to prove that he was the father, because I did not want him to know or risk him suing for rights to my baby. 

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Wow..I'm so sorry that happened to u jojo..and yes u raised your son just like we all did..except your parents helped financially. You actually didn't hide behind anonymous like so many of these ppl do.what ever came of the "man"who did that to u?

Quoting jojo_star:

He is my son, I raised him. I had amazing parents. I was raped, that is how I got pregnant. You can sit there and judge all you like, but I raised my son. My parents watched him, but show me one mother that doesn't use a baby sitter. I did everything any other moms, I just needed more help than most. I had already had all my choices taken away from me, forcing me to do something I didn't want to do would have been even more damaging. And yes, I raised my son. My parents did not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He may be your son but you did not raise him. Your parents did. Had they not wanted that burden they should not be forced to.

I wouldn't do it. If I don't that baby would be neglected. She would get an abortion or adopt it out or her and her baby would both be turned over to social services.I won't provide for her kid. Nope.

But let's be real. What kind of parents did you have to wind up pregnant at 12? Obviously not very good ones. But yay they let you play with your baby while you were a preteen. Go mom and dad.

Quoting jojo_star:

I did. Of course I had a lot of help and my parents paid for everything, but I fed, clothed, got up at night, read stories to, took to the dr (parents drove me, obviously), etc. I raised him, he's my son. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Who raised your baby?

Quoting jojo_star:

I would want that, yes, but I wouldn't force it. I was pregnant at 12, and yes, my parents wanted me to abort. I did not, and they did not force me, for which I am very grateful. They fully supported my choice to keep the pregnancy, and I would do the same. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yes... but "at that age the body isn't meant to handle a pregnancy and birth" I disagree with that statement. They're meant to physically have babies when their body allows it.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Very true, and yes it did! He will be 12 in May.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

well they always say karma comes back to u! So it did for him. I can understand you doing that. How old is your son now?

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Anonymous:

Who raised your baby?

Quoting jojo_star:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN