Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Day dreaming about moving to Florida...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Am I the only one? 

I am SO jealous of friends/family that live in Florida. There is always something to do, imagine all of the road trips you could take and there is almost always nice weather to go! I know it can get very hot and humid, I've been to FL many times, though we do tend to avoid the summer months. 

I so badly wish we could have a second home there or just vacation for a month out of the year. Hopefully some day. 

For those that do live in FL, am I just assuming it's like being on a semi-permanent vacation? Obviously you still have your normal work/school/home life and can't spend all of your time at Disney World etc. but on weekends, spring breaks, winter break, whatever break, it has to be nice to just be able to drive for an hour or two & your at Disney, or Sea World, the beach, numerous water parks, the list goes on and on....... 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM

It can be when you have the $ and time. The beach is 10-15 minutes away, yet I rarely go. LOL

The summer can be brutal!! I hate doing anything outside! LOL

I moved to NY for a few years and did holiday visits .. I moved to NY to be with my SO at the time and the hype of just being in NY. I so wasn't for me at all. LOL

CafeMom Tickers

monique76
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Hawaii is where I would want to move, never been, but hgtv makes it look amazing;)

HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm afraid of sinkholes and hurricanes. (Shudder)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I lived in the Florida Keys.. It was 90* at 6 am in the morning. Not to mention the sweat dripping down your back all the time, then the mosquito's and biting flies ALL the time. Plus your rent being at least 1200-2000 a month for a two bedroom house if you want a nice house, then the cockroaches.. I mean you can keep your house totally clean and still have them, then there is the fleas.. You don't even have to have pets and they live in the rocks and sand. Upper florida isnt so bad.. Live there? been there done that

WendyJR
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Umm I live in Florida and the majority of the countries morons live here. Crime rates are higher bc of the nice weather. Snakes, bugs, humidity, Blech I'm trying to go back to md or pa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm only jealous of people in Florida when in the middle of a long north east winter
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raefmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I grew up in the Florida Keys. I would love to move back there eventually. But I married a Texan and have Texan kids. I don't forsee me leaving Texas any time soon. But I can always go to the Keys for vacation. 

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

We're moving to NC from NH soon because of having nothing to do here, but mostly the weather. Can't stand this crap anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

That's kind of what I was wondering I guess, because you live there, you don't really do the touristy activities because they're always there to do? 

Granted we don't live anywhere like FL, no theme parks or water parks worth visiting but where we live is kind of a touristy city, the locals never do any of the stuff that out of town-ers do, unless they have relatives visiting. I couldn't imagine it being like that in FL though, TOO MUCH TO DO and see?  

Quoting Garnet_Iris11:

It can be when you have the $ and time. The beach is 10-15 minutes away, yet I rarely go. LOL

The summer can be brutal!! I hate doing anything outside! LOL

I moved to NY for a few years and did holiday visits .. I moved to NY to be with my SO at the time and the hype of just being in NY. I so wasn't for me at all. LOL

Syphon
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I live in S. FL.  I like it but it's like anywhere else.  After a while you've kind of done everything.  How many waterparks can you go to or zoos or beach or whatever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)