Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SIL's baby shower gift WTF EDIT New EDIT Diff edit.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my SI Lcan't make it to my baby shower. We live 10 hrs apart. She sent me a gift anyway. It came to today. This is what it is.

A pink basket full of shit.

Infant meds...I won't be vaxing I don't need that. I know she put that is there because she hopes I change my mind.I will use other methods I will use oatmeal baths, luke warm baths, only a shirt and diaper on, and rag on forehead.

Gas drops...What??? Do they give your baby gas???? Don't like chemicals. Will use bycycle kicks and rubbing the tummy.

Diaper rash cream.....My baby won't be siiting in a diaper long enough to get a rash.Will see a dr to figure out issues. Will see what my dr wants to do. The 1st thing I would do is find the issue and fix it. 

Baby Q tips. again WTH Don't want to stick anything in my baby. I will use a rag and my nail. 

Med spoon..again no need.Won't be using meds no meds again. 

a baby bath sponge. No way I will use that. Making own wash will switch everyday nogerms

Baby lotion shampoo and wash.....No way I am using that stuff. Making my own. Won't use lotion If need be I will make my own.

Plus a bunch of other stuff.

I can tell me are 2 diff types of moms.She doesn't mind chemicals and poisons.

Yes I am a 1st time mom. Due in May. I see nothing wrong with what I want. I am not stupid.

For all of you saying that I don't know what I am doing and I am just a new mom......Well so were you at one point. I will not use meds, chemicals,poisons, or anything that could hurt my baby. I am not some young chick who doesn't know anything. I have read read and read some more. I know that my baby will be healthy and smart and caring. 

BTW this is the letter she sent along.

Dear S,

I am deeply sorry that I can not make it to the baby shower. I hope you have a great time and enjoy every moment. 

When I had my baby my favorite gift was a basket full of care products. I got so much use out of the stuff and still have the basket today. The basket comes in handy for storage and holding little things. B(her son) keeps alls his crayons and such in his. 

I hope you like it has much as I did.

Love,

J,D,and B. 

For those of you saying how horrible I am and how wonderful my SIL is. You could not be more wrong. She things everyone needs to be like her(hence the gift). For some reason MY family just things she is greatest thing. She is just a bitch. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (1111-1120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 174 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

jealous much?

you're still the ungrateful bitch

you will beg and plead and cry for some of those products one day... i hope you come on here and post too so we can all laugh and laugh and laugh and say "told ya so"

Quoting Anonymous:

For some reason MY family just things she is greatest thing. She is just a bitch. 

mamahernandez3
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Wait till yourbaby is like 6 months old. You'll then realize how stupid and crazy you sound. But I'll forgive you cause this is your first baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 237 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Have you ever considered if EVERYONE ELSE, including your family, thinks shes pretty cool... Then by sheer process of elimination... YOU are the one with the problem? How can everyone else, including these 1000's of moms on here who have responded, be wrong and ONLY you are right? By basic, sheer logic.... You are the one with issues... Not her... Your family nor everyone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threeboysemt1
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You. anon are a big jerk

I am a cloth diapering, non-vaxing mama, breastfeeding e, and very anti-medicine until needed. I am also proud to say I am all for breastfeeding full term or whenever mom and baby are ready to stop.

First off,

GAS DROPS DO COME IN HANDY.

Tell me in the end of May/beginning of June when your baby is screaming bloody murder and your breasts are pouring and rock hard and your baby won't sleep and has the biggest belly ache ever you still wouldn't use those infant gas relief drops.

Tell me at 4AM, when your baby is 5mo old screaming and refuses to eat and he/she has a big bump on his gum and has loose stools, diaper rash and hasn't slept half the night because his/her gums are so sore and tender.

Tell me, this summer when you have been out all day and changed your babies diaper every hour to an hour and a half and it's been chafed and beat red and bumpy and nothing is working except Destin you would be happy about it.

Med spoons sometimes are needed sometimes. Just deal with it. All kids get sick and need medicine.

I could seriously GO ON and ON. 

Get a GRIP and send a thank you note! For Chrissakes. Get some respect and use some. Don't be a raging pregnant cunt woman.

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lisha77
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM
This is by far the CRAZIST post I've ever read. Be thankful and move the fuck on!!!!
TwinmomAlicia
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I think it's great that you want to be all natural for your baby. For diaper rash, coconut oil is all natural and works great. If it's a yeast rash, though, you'll probably need meds. I commend you on all your great intentions. Your attitude, however, is pretty awful. I am sure your sil had good intentions, too, and was just trying to help. You want to parent differently from her, that is fine. It doesn't make her wrong or bad. A gracious thank you is all you need to give her, then donate the basket and move on with your life. Focus on your new baby, not your anger at your sil who was probably only trying to be kind.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, aren't you just a little ray of fucking sunshine?

Quote: "She is just a bitch" Pot calling the kettle black, baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 238 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Wow your ungrateful and a complete idiot send that stuff to another mother who will be grateful an stop fuckin complaining

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Holy shit you're a snob. Oh well, you'll be eating your words soon enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN