Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SIL's baby shower gift WTF EDIT New EDIT Diff edit.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So my SI Lcan't make it to my baby shower. We live 10 hrs apart. She sent me a gift anyway. It came to today. This is what it is.

A pink basket full of shit.

Infant meds...I won't be vaxing I don't need that. I know she put that is there because she hopes I change my mind.I will use other methods I will use oatmeal baths, luke warm baths, only a shirt and diaper on, and rag on forehead.

Gas drops...What??? Do they give your baby gas???? Don't like chemicals. Will use bycycle kicks and rubbing the tummy.

Diaper rash cream.....My baby won't be siiting in a diaper long enough to get a rash.Will see a dr to figure out issues. Will see what my dr wants to do. The 1st thing I would do is find the issue and fix it. 

Baby Q tips. again WTH Don't want to stick anything in my baby. I will use a rag and my nail. 

Med spoon..again no need.Won't be using meds no meds again. 

a baby bath sponge. No way I will use that. Making own wash will switch everyday nogerms

Baby lotion shampoo and wash.....No way I am using that stuff. Making my own. Won't use lotion If need be I will make my own.

Plus a bunch of other stuff.

I can tell me are 2 diff types of moms.She doesn't mind chemicals and poisons.

Yes I am a 1st time mom. Due in May. I see nothing wrong with what I want. I am not stupid.

For all of you saying that I don't know what I am doing and I am just a new mom......Well so were you at one point. I will not use meds, chemicals,poisons, or anything that could hurt my baby. I am not some young chick who doesn't know anything. I have read read and read some more. I know that my baby will be healthy and smart and caring. 

BTW this is the letter she sent along.

Dear S,

I am deeply sorry that I can not make it to the baby shower. I hope you have a great time and enjoy every moment. 

When I had my baby my favorite gift was a basket full of care products. I got so much use out of the stuff and still have the basket today. The basket comes in handy for storage and holding little things. B(her son) keeps alls his crayons and such in his. 

I hope you like it has much as I did.

Love,

J,D,and B. 

For those of you saying how horrible I am and how wonderful my SIL is. You could not be more wrong. She things everyone needs to be like her(hence the gift). For some reason MY family just things she is greatest thing. She is just a bitch. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (1161-1170):
rfhsure
by beast mode on May. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds to me like she was giving you a gift full of items she found useful for her child as a way to help you, and you're being a pretentious bitch about it. You don't have to parent the way she does, so get over it and write her a thank you note for her thoughtful gift.

ChevronOwls
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I really hate those bitches that go out of their way to not only think of me but to spend money and time on me.

asaffell
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Even if you DON'T intend on using any of it, gratitude is always much more attractive than a shitty attitude.

MamaAjax
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Mama, I hope you be a troll.

Let me lay some things down for you.

When you're up from 1am-9am with a crying screaming baby because of gas.... they do get it.

Enjoy. It's horrible and frankly, those drops (Casue I know the exact ones she sent you.) they're the thing that's going to ease your baby's pain. That little circle thumb message to help them pass the gas... yeah... not as easy or effective as you would think.

You wanna worry about something. Worry about the possible radon posioning in your house/apartment

worry about the chemicals leaking from those non organic bedsheets and clothing

worry about the food

worry about the chemicals your car ac is putting out and circling around in the air.

worry about whats in your tap water.

I'm all for all natural whole health communing with the earth.

But there's stupid and just... well you shouldn't be giving birth.

Diaper rash doesn't happen because one simply "doesn't change the diaper" it happens when there's to much acid in the poop. or if the baby gets runny poop. Which hey, et's a baby... it's going to happen.

If you wanna be all high and mighty like that... then I suggest you sell everything. Chunk your technology (which has more posionous chemicals then those meds.) and move to a commune.

rfhsure
by beast mode on May. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I know, and then on top of that they have to write you stupid letters about how they think it can help you and that they love you. And then they have to top that off with how they're sorry they missed the shower because the genuinely care? Man, her SIL is such a bitch. She clearly is giving her infant meds as propoganda to change her mind about vaxing. Man if I had a sister in law like that....

I would be fucking grateful.

Quoting ChevronOwls:

Yeah I really hate those bitches that go out of their way to not only think of me but to spend money and time on me.

wannabeamami
by on May. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Seems like she was just trying to  be nice... she didnt have to buy you anything... just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my god. Are you serious right now?
Are you also never going to let you child cry in public?

I'll give you 2 months before you break. And thanks for not vaxing, i'll know who to sue when your child becomes deathly ill and comes into contact with my child.

KyBugsMommy815
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my. You are in for a rude awakening. If you don't want your gift, send it this way. I can always use that stuff. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Curious if you had the baby yet.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Why the hell would you complain about a gift someone gave you. Maybe thats all she could afford or maybe she really thought you could use it and yes some of that stuff can be  useful. You just sound like a ungrateful person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)