Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Husbands conditions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
Does anyone have a husband with a frustrating medical condition?? My husband is 27 and produces too much diuretic hormone or something and pees the bed. He isn't on medication but I've been asking him to get on some. And recently I've stopped sleeping in the bedroom and told him that I would come back once he tried to take medications to fix it, even if it doesn't completely help as long as he is TRYING.

Does that seem kind of bitchy of me? I don't mean to be. I went a long time without saying a word. Now our new mattress is ruined, we bought a plastic cover and they keep ripping =/

Anyone else have the same problem, how do you deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

no way I would sleep in the bed with him if he wasnt trying to fix it either

does he like pissing himself?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
That's not unreasonable as long as you are not being hurtful about it. He should put in a effort to help himself, that's all it really comes down to.

Why doesn't he want to take meds?
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Whats his reason for not taking the medications??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
No, lol I think he is just really embarrassed about it. And I have been dealing with it for so long he though eh it's okay! I don't know but it is driving me crazy

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

why not get those pee pad things and put them under the sheet.

i would not let a man who pee's the bed sleep on my mattress let alone a new mattres..and he needs to be a grown up and try the damn meds. he can't enjoying peeing the bed every night...why not just try and fix the problem.

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
my stepdad was a bedwetter but he was lazy.
I think its gross and refuse to go through that.
He needs to get help if he can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
It's bitchy of him not to go on medication. Does he wash the dirty sheets?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Its not ruined. I use this if my little one has an accident. Works great. I'm mobile so maybe another mom can make it clicky for me. http://www.ourlittlecoop.com/2012/05/how-to-remove-urine-stains-from.html?m=1
MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM

it would drive me crazy

why doesnt he want to take the medications?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, lol I think he is just really embarrassed about it. And I have been dealing with it for so long he though eh it's okay! I don't know but it is driving me crazy

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I'm not hurtful about it at all. In the beginning I brought it up very very sweetly because he had mentioned how we needed a new mattress and he agreed he needed to get it taken care of before we got one. I've never been mean about it I know he can't help it. I just told him one day that I would be sleeping in the living room until he goes to the doctor and he says he will go but it's been a week and he hasn't made an appointment so I'm getting a little more irritated. And last night he asked why I wouldn't come back to bed because it didn't smell anymore and then that night he had an accident again and I said that is why I'm not coming back until you at least go to the doctor...

His reason for not getting medication is he don't think it will help. =/

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not unreasonable as long as you are not being hurtful about it. He should put in a effort to help himself, that's all it really comes down to.

Why doesn't he want to take meds?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN