Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

acrylic nails

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone fill your own at home? is it hard to do, what's the best stuff to have, what brand, any advice you can give me. I like to start trying to do them at home. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I'd stick to the salon I tried and it ended up looking horrible so I had to go in and the guy doing my nails laughed at me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Ty
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Sooooo bad for your nails!!! Have you ever looked into a nail growth product like Nail Tek or Nail Envy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I dont like my own but ty for your concern :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Anyone
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
While I still think you should try strengthening & growing your own :)- I'd say you should try a beauty supply store, like Sally Beauty. I get my nail art supplies there. Walmart does sell the KISS acrylic fill set, I've seen it before- but idk if that would be the best quality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Thanks again, Maybe i will try afyer my wedding in July. :)

Quoting LiDoMama:

While I still think you should try strengthening & growing your own :)- I'd say you should try a beauty supply store, like Sally Beauty. I get my nail art supplies there. Walmart does sell the KISS acrylic fill set, I've seen it before- but idk if that would be the best quality.

ammiemarie0307
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

it is really hard to get the mixture right and if you do not do it just right it will lift in let in bacteria so better left to the professionals. on top of the fact the stuff you buy from even like Sally's is not the same as what you would get from a salon much better quilty at the salon

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I have really good nails to start with. I do get shellac nail polish done at the salon, though. It keeps me from breaking them when I do regular housekeeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I know your pain of bad nails. If I try to grow them out they grow with a wave in 5 of them(2 one hand, 3 on the other) I've tried all the nail treatments, even followed a routine for a year to try to get them to grow right. But I don't use acrylic. I do the gels. I like them better. In a pinch I've done the at home gel kit. No where near the quality of salon, but will last about a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN