Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need some advice from you ladies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

My husband is in the field for the week and I'm here with the guy that's staying with us for a little bit. He's got his own room and his own tv and everything. We have told him so many times to keep his stuff up in his room, because his stuff and his girlfriends stuff seem to accumulate in my living room. With that said....

Last nite I come downstairs and I noticed he had his xbox hooked up to our tv. Well about the time I see it, the dog starts to chase the cat and knocks over his xbox and it starts making a sound and he flipping out. He takes his game out and it's all scratched up now and his hdmi cable is messed up. I got a little frustrated because we have told him to keep his stuff upstairs, theres no reason for him to bring his xbox downstairs since he has his own space and tv, but I know our dog did it, so I feel responsible. So the first thing out of my mouth is "Omg I am so sorry we will replace anything you need replaced" So then I text my husband and tell him what happened and that we have to pay for his stuff and he gets all pissed and says he shouldn't of had his shit down there in the first place, we have told him and he knows how the dog chases the cat all the time, we're not paying for his shit" 

So now after I already told him this my husband is wanting me to tell him that we arn't, but I don't want to, because I feel like we should pay for it. I wanna wait til my husband gets back so he can deal with it, I get so nervous with confrontation and I suck at it, especially when I don't want to do it, because I feel like we should pay for it. Am I wrong??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I would probably still pay for it. Or maybe split the cost.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I feel the same way, I don't know why DH is freaking out over this. He's pissed because were gonna have to shell out 100 bucks over this, and we just don't have an extra 100 laying around anywhere, We are on a budget ya know..

Quoting othermom:

I would probably still pay for it. Or maybe split the cost.

k9l1c5
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
What is he asking to be replaced, just the game or the whole xbox?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Split the cost but I'm on your husbands side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I would split the cost. I understand how you feel, I hate confrontation too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Hdmi cable and game, so almost 100 bucks worth :(

Quoting k9l1c5:

k9l1c5
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Wow I didn't know hdmi cables were so much... maybe they will agree to split it? Since he's not supposed to have his stuff downstairs anyways. And maybe after this get that rule in writing and signed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Oh no, we gotta buy his 60 dollar game too, that's why its about that much

Quoting k9l1c5:

Wow I didn't know hdmi cables were so much... maybe they will agree to split it? Since he's not supposed to have his stuff downstairs anyways. And maybe after this get that rule in writing and signed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting k9l1c5:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
And no it won't be written in stone. His ass is out, I don't wanna have to do this again or deal with his other crap.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting k9l1c5:

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

why not split the cost with him since your dog did it plus its is partially his fault for having it down there soooo I would say only half your responsibility.hdmi is easy to replace though lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)