Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh I want my implanon removed ASAP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I have had my implanon for a little over a year and I absolutly hate it!! I gain weight and cant lose it, Im extremely moody, I get bad migrains, I just dont feel like my self. Problem? I have no insurance and literally just lost my job 2 weeks ago and trying to find another one. There is no place around here that will take it out for under 150. Im starting to go insane!! I just want the damn thing out of my arm. This was the biggest mistake ever!! I feel like I have no control over my body. Hell even after 3 years and I cant afford to get it out what am I supposed to do just sit with this stick in my arm for the rest of my life? I swear I am about to take it out my self! Df tried once but couldnt cut deep enough and then he freaked out. I wish I could just do it on my own. Im so irritated and depressed!!!! There has to be something I can do to get this out of my arm like NOW!!

Ok vent over bash away

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephy87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM
No bashing. Can't you make payment arrangements with your doctors office?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
No I asked they want it up front.

Quoting stephy87:

No bashing. Can't you make payment arrangements with your doctors office?

Christy_517
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM
County health department? Ours is sliding scale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Planned parenthood took mine out for free :) and it could be worse the implano n gave me a yeast inf every month for 4 months :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Oh yuck you know I think I've been getting them bad to every so often I get extremely itchy with discharge only thing is its not lumpy like a yeast infection. I'll try calling planned parent hood tomorrow see if they will. Should I just call saying I'm having issues and no money or insurance and maybe they will?

Quoting Anonymous:

Planned parenthood took mine out for free :) and it could be worse the implano n gave me a yeast inf every month for 4 months :(

jupiter5
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
That's what I did! Good luck!! Usually they want to help :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yuck you know I think I've been getting them bad to every so often I get extremely itchy with discharge only thing is its not lumpy like a yeast infection. I'll try calling planned parent hood tomorrow see if they will. Should I just call saying I'm having issues and no money or insurance and maybe they will?

Quoting Anonymous:

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM
No bashing from me. I got mine removed for the same problems PLUS constant periods i hardly ever got a break from it. I hated that thing! Had it for maybe 10 months. Had enough periods for probably 2YEARS!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Omg thank you ladies I pray and hope they will. Do they make appointments or will they maybe do it that day? I've never been there

Quoting jupiter5:

That's what I did! Good luck!! Usually they want to help :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Oh I know!! I'll skip a month and think Yay they went away just to get hit with a period for 4-6 weeks straight! I'll go through 2 boxes of tampons in that time.

Quoting proudmommy690:

No bashing from me. I got mine removed for the same problems PLUS constant periods i hardly ever got a break from it. I hated that thing! Had it for maybe 10 months. Had enough periods for probably 2YEARS!!!

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I got lucky only once and went a whole month...but i had a period every week. The dr did have a hard time getting it out because of scar tissue already growing around it. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I know!! I'll skip a month and think Yay they went away just to get hit with a period for 4-6 weeks straight! I'll go through 2 boxes of tampons in that time.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)