Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm So Freaking Mad Right Now

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 43 Replies

So my DS who is 9 months old was crawling around the floor earlier. SO was home and I had asked him to keep an eye on the baby because I had to give my autistic daughter her sensory input (deep tissue massage and joint compressions). I don't know exactly how it happened but DS fell, hit is face on SO's barbell that had weights on it, and got tangled on the pedal of the exercise bike partially upside down. I immediately got up to go to him. SO was closer than I was and instead of going straight to him, he stopped to pause the show he was watching and then went to him. What?! The freaking show is more important than your son?!?!?! Heaven forbid you have to REWIND the damn thing. Also, why the hell was my son near the weight area? Is he not capable on taking care of him for 15 damn minutes while I tend to another child. Then DS didn't even want daddy. He NEVER wants daddy. He only ever wants mommy. It wouldn't be like that if the jerk would get off his a$$ and do something for his son. I'm raising 4 freaking kids and stay on top of them all...he can't stay on top of 1?!?! So my son is most likely going to have his first shiner an has scratches on his belly and thigh all because my bastard of a SO thought the tv was so much more important than keeping an eye on his son. To top it off...tomorrow is our anniversary and as of right now I'm not feeling like celebrating. I'm feeling like I want to take my kids and leave. I'm just sooo freaking pissed right now!!!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Chill out accidents happen. I doubt this is the last time he's going to fall and get hurt. At least he didn't like fall down the stairs and break his neck or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

and yet you continue to procreate with him.  what's that say about your judgment skills?

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM

No but because SO wasn't watching him he went into the weight area where there are PLENTY of dangerous things that could seriously harm him. It's not necessarily the fact that my DS fell, it's more that my SO wasn't watching him because the tv was so much more important. He even had to take the time to grab the remote and pause his show before he would get the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Chill out accidents happen. I doubt this is the last time he's going to fall and get hurt. At least he didn't like fall down the stairs and break his neck or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Was so apologetic at least?
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not "continuing to procreate". The baby is his. My daughter's are with my exhusband. I am pregnant again but we definitely were not trying. This pregnancy only happened because I was in an extreme emotional state due to my daughter being hospitalized and used poor judgement. Yes, I can own that but shit happens. What shouldn't happen is you not being able to trust the father of your child to keep an eye on him for 15 minutes!

Quoting Anonymous:

and yet you continue to procreate with him.  what's that say about your judgment skills?

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

No. When I saw him grab the remote to pause the tv I said "really? tv is that important?" His response was "Don't start that shit again".

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Why have you allowed them to be where the child can even crawl to them at all if they are dangerous? Why isnt the house baby proofed better? A child at that age should have room to crawl without being hovered over...Sounds like you both need to be better parents.

Quoting mom2many747:

No but because SO wasn't watching him he went into the weight area where there are PLENTY of dangerous things that could seriously harm him. It's not necessarily the fact that my DS fell, it's more that my SO wasn't watching him because the tv was so much more important. He even had to take the time to grab the remote and pause his show before he would get the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Slam your SO's face into the barbell weights then throw them out of the house............

jupiter5
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Duuuuude that sucks!!! I don't know what to do but maybe have some of his guy friend dads that are good dads like shame him or something by bringing it up at a get together

Quoting mom2many747:

No. When I saw him grab the remote to pause the tv I said "really? tv is that important?" His response was "Don't start that shit again".

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Poor baby! I hope the little guy is feeling better and got lots of kisses. Sorry your SO was being a dick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)