Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm So Freaking Mad Right Now

Posted by   + Show Post

So my DS who is 9 months old was crawling around the floor earlier. SO was home and I had asked him to keep an eye on the baby because I had to give my autistic daughter her sensory input (deep tissue massage and joint compressions). I don't know exactly how it happened but DS fell, hit is face on SO's barbell that had weights on it, and got tangled on the pedal of the exercise bike partially upside down. I immediately got up to go to him. SO was closer than I was and instead of going straight to him, he stopped to pause the show he was watching and then went to him. What?! The freaking show is more important than your son?!?!?! Heaven forbid you have to REWIND the damn thing. Also, why the hell was my son near the weight area? Is he not capable on taking care of him for 15 damn minutes while I tend to another child. Then DS didn't even want daddy. He NEVER wants daddy. He only ever wants mommy. It wouldn't be like that if the jerk would get off his a$$ and do something for his son. I'm raising 4 freaking kids and stay on top of them all...he can't stay on top of 1?!?! So my son is most likely going to have his first shiner an has scratches on his belly and thigh all because my bastard of a SO thought the tv was so much more important than keeping an eye on his son. To top it off...tomorrow is our anniversary and as of right now I'm not feeling like celebrating. I'm feeling like I want to take my kids and leave. I'm just sooo freaking pissed right now!!!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Replies (41-43):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM

So was the kid hurt?  So when one of the kids falls and hurts himself on your watch can he think you're a shitty mom?

Quoting mom2many747:

I'm not "continuing to procreate". The baby is his. My daughter's are with my exhusband. I am pregnant again but we definitely were not trying. This pregnancy only happened because I was in an extreme emotional state due to my daughter being hospitalized and used poor judgement. Yes, I can own that but shit happens. What shouldn't happen is you not being able to trust the father of your child to keep an eye on him for 15 minutes!

Quoting Anonymous:

and yet you continue to procreate with him.  what's that say about your judgment skills?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM
What? Kids fall, they get hurt. If shit was so dangerous the baby can't go near them them why we're they out to begin with? It's like not putting covers in the outlet and then getting pissed because your baby stuck a fork in there, just put in outlet covers. If the weights are so dangerous move them to another room or block them off. The dad probably wasn't freaking out because it probably wasn't a big deal, moms always tend to freak out over nothing.

Quoting Reality_check:

you clearly missed the point OP was trying to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

Chill out accidents happen. I doubt this is the last time he's going to fall and get hurt. At least he didn't like fall down the stairs and break his neck or something.

Reality_check
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

The whole point of OP being upset is that her DH did not watch their child at all, like she asked. Instead, he was watching TV.

I would be pissed too. The whole point is that the dad was not being a responsible parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

What? Kids fall, they get hurt. If shit was so dangerous the baby can't go near them them why we're they out to begin with? It's like not putting covers in the outlet and then getting pissed because your baby stuck a fork in there, just put in outlet covers. If the weights are so dangerous move them to another room or block them off. The dad probably wasn't freaking out because it probably wasn't a big deal, moms always tend to freak out over nothing.

Quoting Reality_check:

you clearly missed the point OP was trying to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

Chill out accidents happen. I doubt this is the last time he's going to fall and get hurt. At least he didn't like fall down the stairs and break his neck or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN