Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop watching Ellen Degeneres!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
6 moms liked this

If you have anything against gays/lesbians being together. My mom just watched some re-runs of Ellen Degeneres yesterday, saying how much she loves Ellen...and then this afternoon turned around and freaked out at the girls we saw making out in downtown Seattle saying that gays and lesbians are the root of all evil. So when I told her to stop watching Ellen if she had that big of a problem, she looked at me with this dumbfounded look and said "But I like her show! Why would I stop watching her if I like her?" Freaking hypocrites!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goofygadget
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Does she know that Ellen is gay? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
damionsmama7195
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Ellen's sexual orientation doesn't make up the total person that she is. She is an awesome person with tons of likeable characteristics. Maybe your mom just chooses to ignore that Ellen is gay, and focuses more on other things about her.

zildjans_mom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I'm for equality for everyone, I hate hypocrites. Whatever you believe is fine with me but don't force it on me and don't change the rules to flex what you like and don't like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yes she does. That's why my grandfather refuses to watch her. Everytime she comes up in conversation he says "I can't stand that dyke! Disgrace to the human race she is!"  And my mom usually just sits back in silence and refuses to say that she watches her show. It's sick. 

Quoting Goofygadget:

Does she know that Ellen is gay? Lol

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Ellen is funny

pamk5641
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I don't watch her show regularly but I do think she is very funny sometimes.  I don't agree with that lifestyle but it's not for me to judge her. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I may disagree with homosexual acts, but that's not what makes a person. So I can disagree with a person's actions and still respect them and like them. Not everyone has to agree with me- and I don't have to agree with everyone.
Personally, I think she's hilarious and I love watching her. Her personal life is really none of my business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM

So if people don't think gays should marry, then they shouldn't like anyone who's gay.

BUT, if they feel like gays shouldn't marry and are mean about it then they're horrible, evil people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM

My mother feels gays and lesbians are the "root of all evil" but she'll make an exception to fit what she likes to watch. It's hypocrytical. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So if people don't think gays should marry, then they shouldn't like anyone who's gay.

BUT, if they feel like gays shouldn't marry and are mean about it then they're horrible, evil people. 

Reality_check
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
exactly why OP called her mom a hypocrite.

Quoting damionsmama7195:

Ellen's sexual orientation doesn't make up the total person that she is. She is an awesome person with tons of likeable characteristics. Maybe your mom just chooses to ignore that Ellen is gay, and focuses more on other things about her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured