Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop watching Ellen Degeneres!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you have anything against gays/lesbians being together. My mom just watched some re-runs of Ellen Degeneres yesterday, saying how much she loves Ellen...and then this afternoon turned around and freaked out at the girls we saw making out in downtown Seattle saying that gays and lesbians are the root of all evil. So when I told her to stop watching Ellen if she had that big of a problem, she looked at me with this dumbfounded look and said "But I like her show! Why would I stop watching her if I like her?" Freaking hypocrites!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Replies (41-48):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Also I should add, people don't mind watching Ellen if they are against homosexuality because she doesn't define herself as, "Gay Ellen", there's much more to her than just who she has sex with and so her personality doesn't get lost in her sexuality, like it does for so many other homosexuals.

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on May. 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Right. Ops mom is basically going, well Ellen's funny so that cancels out her being the root of all evil!

Quoting zildjans_mom:

I'm for equality for everyone, I hate hypocrites. Whatever you believe is fine with me but don't force it on me and don't change the rules to flex what you like and don't like
romalove
by SakePrincess on May. 17, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Quoting little.worthen:

I try to keep out of the gay squabble but this comment ticks me off.

"Don't force it on me and don't change the rules to flex what you like and don't like"

Because that's EXACTLY what gay people and their supporters have been doing to anti gay people for YEARS. And maybe anti gay is the wrong word to use. Because even if someone says they don't have a problem with gays but them getting married is something they don't quite agree with, then that person will be bashed, called names like ignorant and bigot, and just reamed into the ground. All because they just simply don't agree with the opinion of gays and their supporters.
THAT is forcing what you believe on others! This comment itself is hypocritical. And I bet someone (if not many) will find something to say about how it's not and then it will be a change of the rules to reflect their agenda. It's just ignorance all around..

Quoting zildjans_mom:

I'm for equality for everyone, I hate hypocrites. Whatever you believe is fine with me but don't force it on me and don't change the rules to flex what you like and don't like

I cannot wait until the Supreme Court rules this summer on the two same sex marriage cases they have before them.

I am hoping against hope they will find it unconstitutional to not allow all consenting adults to have the same rights, and this will end this argument.

romalove
by SakePrincess on May. 17, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Also I should add, people don't mind watching Ellen if they are against homosexuality because she doesn't define herself as, "Gay Ellen", there's much more to her than just who she has sex with and so her personality doesn't get lost in her sexuality, like it does for so many other homosexuals.

What?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I don't watch her but not because of her being gay.

little.worthen
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Lol.. That's funny you think that's all it will take for people to drop the gay marriage argument..

Quoting romalove:

Quoting little.worthen:

"Don't force it on me and don't change the rules to flex what you like and don't like"

Because that's EXACTLY what gay people and their supporters have been doing to anti gay people for YEARS. And maybe anti gay is the wrong word to use. Because even if someone says they don't have a problem with gays but them getting married is something they don't quite agree with, then that person will be bashed, called names like ignorant and bigot, and just reamed into the ground. All because they just simply don't agree with the opinion of gays and their supporters.

THAT is forcing what you believe on others! This comment itself is hypocritical. And I bet someone (if not many) will find something to say about how it's not and then it will be a change of the rules to reflect their agenda. It's just ignorance all around..

Quoting zildjans_mom:

I cannot wait until the Supreme Court rules this summer on the two same sex marriage cases they have before them.

I am hoping against hope they will find it unconstitutional to not allow all consenting adults to have the same rights, and this will end this argument.

romalove
by SakePrincess on May. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I suppose people will still want to impose their religious beliefs on others.

Quoting little.worthen:

Lol.. That's funny you think that's all it will take for people to drop the gay marriage argument..

Quoting romalove:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting zildjans_mom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Wow. This isn't a post I saw resurfacing, but okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)