Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it just me?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 41 Replies

So I'm no good at this whole posting anonymously, plus I'm not to worried about it. Ladies, I'd like to know if you have this issue too, or if you did how did you solve it.

I love my hubby to pieces, and my son, but they are starting to drive me insane. My day starts around 6:30am and until 7:30am it's about the only peaceful non-busy time I have then it doesn't end until around 11pm. After they wake up, I spend my day running behind them. Clothes on the floor, plates left on the table, if they get something out of the refrigerator it's not put back, bathroom is a soaking mess. It's a never ending cycle with them. I get that I'm a stay at home mom. I'm not asking them to do my job, but between the cooking three times a day, packing lunches, ironing clothes, sweeping & mopping, dusting and glass, dishes, vacuuming; it would be nice if I could walk into my laundry room and see their clothes IN the basket, not beside it. Let's not mention what happens if I am sick in bed for a few days due to a lupus flare or out of the game for some other reason.

I've asked, I've fussed, I even ran away for a week to do a job and left my hubby to it (which was worse on me because he can't cook so I was still coming home at 9pm-10pm at night and having to cook dinner for the next night.) Nada, they still have the same issues. HELP ADVICE PLEASE!

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I have no advice because I have the same problem, but here's a bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Your HUSBAND is not helping around the house? I'd just flat out refuse to lift a damn finger for him. I'd be done making him dinner, doing his laundry, packing his lunch, etc.

Ali32
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Have you sat down and talked to your husband about the way you feel? Maybe try to figure out what things he is capable of doing and have him do it? It sounds like your son is taking after him. What is your husband's view of women in general? Does he think that they are put on earth to serve men? 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM

STOP picking it up and tell them to do it. I  mean the min you see your son leave his clothes where they do not go you call him and tell him those do not go there put it back and keep doing it till you don't have to anymore. If its a toys at some point pick it up and hide it till they realize whats going on.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Make a chart, or to do list for them. Just because you are a SAHM doesn't mean they can be lazy, and make messes constantly. Putting clothes in a hamper, and not leaving plates on the table are simple things they can do. Do you have any hobbies? Take some time for yourself, do something that makes you feel good a couple times a week at least.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Chore chart. My kids have daily chores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM

you've got to be scary!!!! Like, literally get all crazy eyed and freak out. Not like hitting or throwing things. Just to where they question your sanity. When i pull this off, I've got my DF mopping floors, and doing dishes like it's his job:)

sadee456
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I live the same way. It is like that every single day. I swear my dh would live in filth and starve if it wasn't for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaAjax
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Yes, and they do make small strides. Kind of. We've gone from clothes on the bathroom floor to clothes on the laundry floor. My husband's view: He does try to help, like after dinner if he's home from work he'll help with the dishes and such. It's more of the issue that literally until he moved in with me, he's never had to lift a finger to help around the house. His mom cleaned his and his brothers rooms for them even as adults. He's really willing but he's so slow at it that I just get impatient after the fourth or fifth time and end up doing it all myself so it gets done right and quickly. And yes, I think it's because my son is taking after him that I'm really starting to lose it. But I just don't know how to stop it.

Quoting Ali32:

Have you sat down and talked to your husband about the way you feel? Maybe try to figure out what things he is capable of doing and have him do it? It sounds like your son is taking after him. What is your husband's view of women in general? Does he think that they are put on earth to serve men? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN