Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I'm no good at this whole posting anonymously, plus I'm not to worried about it. Ladies, I'd like to know if you have this issue too, or if you did how did you solve it.

I love my hubby to pieces, and my son, but they are starting to drive me insane. My day starts around 6:30am and until 7:30am it's about the only peaceful non-busy time I have then it doesn't end until around 11pm. After they wake up, I spend my day running behind them. Clothes on the floor, plates left on the table, if they get something out of the refrigerator it's not put back, bathroom is a soaking mess. It's a never ending cycle with them. I get that I'm a stay at home mom. I'm not asking them to do my job, but between the cooking three times a day, packing lunches, ironing clothes, sweeping & mopping, dusting and glass, dishes, vacuuming; it would be nice if I could walk into my laundry room and see their clothes IN the basket, not beside it. Let's not mention what happens if I am sick in bed for a few days due to a lupus flare or out of the game for some other reason.

I've asked, I've fussed, I even ran away for a week to do a job and left my hubby to it (which was worse on me because he can't cook so I was still coming home at 9pm-10pm at night and having to cook dinner for the next night.) Nada, they still have the same issues. HELP ADVICE PLEASE!

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (41-41):
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Well I'd say he does his part then. I'd start the kids out with learning to put away their plates ( into the sink), their laundry into their clothes baskets, washing out the sink after using it, putting away toys.. Small things, ya know? It takes a couple of weeks following them around to implement it. Whoever refuses gets time out in the corner, one minute per year of age, just like on the Supernanny show. It works ! Hang in there!!

Quoting MamaAjax:

The things he's good at helping with that I don't have to tell him over and over and over...and over again:

1. Trash and Recycling. (Except for the bathroom trash >.> we're working on that)
  2. Picking things up on his away home from work. He's so good at this that I don't even have to call him. He calls me and asks.
  3. He's okay with putting away the dishes too. I gave up on asking him to wash unless it's one of those moments where I'm in the middle of cooking and suddenly the pot I need wasn't washed. He's willing, it just takes him literally hours to do one sink load of dishes.

Everything else... I'm S.O.L.

Quoting divinedimension:

That's what I was thinking. What does your dh do to help?

Quoting Anonymous:

Your HUSBAND is not helping around the house? I'd just flat out refuse to lift a damn finger for him. I'd be done making him dinner, doing his laundry, packing his lunch, etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured