Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stick your tongue at me, and I'll return your Easter basket!! **EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

I just don't know what to do...

For the past couple of months, my dd (4, almost 5) has been a complete butt.  She has a bad attitude and is disrespectful at times. I try to keep on top of it, but it's very tiring and discouraging.

Well, Easter is coming up soon.  I went out and spent $20 on Easter basket items for her, even though I kinda felt like she doesn't deserve anything because of her atrocious behavior.

This morning, she asked if she could get up and watch cartoons (she woke up an hour earlier than usual, and I didn't want to get up).  I told her to wait for a bit, and to join me in my bed for at least 30 minutes so I could finish sleeping. Well, she didn't like that!  She had the nerve to stick her tongue at me!  I blew up!  I put her in time out, and she wasn't allowed to watch cartoons that morning. She wound up apologizing, and didn't complain when she had to entertain herself with things other than the tv that morning.

I really want to return the Easter basket items, but her father (who we don't live with) says I shouldn't punish her by taking away a once a year treat.

What do you all think?

EDIT: I will not take the basket away.  Thank you for all of your help and words of encouragement.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

So you don't want to get up with your dd in the morning so now she is not getting a basket? Shame on you. Get your ass out if bed.

worship
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Its Easter
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Wow.  Really?  Little overboard don't you think?  Sounds like you need a break

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this
How about you get out of bed next time. Kids wake up early sometimes and it sucks, but you still have to get up and be a parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Oh stop.  She woke up at 6am.  She could have waited 30 minutes in mommy's bed while I finished sleeping.  She got punished because she stuck her tongue at me.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So you don't want to get up with your dd in the morning so now she is not getting a basket? Shame on you. Get your ass out if bed.

Ali32
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Return it for her sticking her tongue out? That seems a bit extreme. She's 4, sounds like she was pissed that you weren't getting up to take care of her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

This is true. I'm feeling really overwhelmed. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow.  Really?  Little overboard don't you think?  Sounds like you need a break

My3beautys
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Your over reacting she stuck her tongue out at you big deal and when your child gets up you need to do the same not punish her for being mad that you wanted to be lazy and stay sleeping
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM

So you think it's ok for her to be disrespectful just because she had to wait 30 whole minutes?

Quoting Ali32:

Return it for her sticking her tongue out? That seems a bit extreme. She's 4, sounds like she was pissed that you weren't getting up to take care of her. 

Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Ive done the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)