Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**

Posted by   + Show Post

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I've had 3 Csections but with no choice.

They weren't bad experiences by any means, and recovery is fine as long as you stay on top of pain management. However it is still major surgery that can be avoided....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mnivis01
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I had vaginal. No tearing. I was up walking around and feeling normal just a few hours later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
All 3 of my c-sections were due to emergencies. If given the chance to do it over, I would go natural everytime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Never ever a csection if you have a choice. I had two. They aren't easy. Seeing my friends give birth after me and how good they felt, I was completely jealous! Huge huge difference. Not to mention, its major surgery. I wouldn't opt to be cut open in a germ infested hospital and risk infection and a million other complications. That's pure insanity. Seriously, your Dr sucks for even offering.
So.Ill.Mama
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a csection with my 3rd. I wouldn't wish that recovery on my worst enemy. =\
When i had baby #4, I went to an entirely different town/county/hospital to have a vbac. No way was i gonna willingly do that csection mess again if i didn't have to.
Some will say it's great and they wouldn't have kids any other way... NOT. ME.
rebecca.n
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM

If I were you I wouldn't do an elective c-section for my first. I know there are issues with having a vaginal birth after a c-section, so I wouldn't want to risk never being able to have a vaginal delivery.

I'd try for vaginal for the first. Then if you never want to do it again you can do elective c-sections from then on lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

If you can have a natural birth, I think that's your best bet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Go vaginal! I had a vaginal and a  C-section, but it wasn't elective. Anyways, you can not replace the feeling of pushing a child out of you...it is simply amazing!

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

The C section was faster but the recovery is painful. I had 2 vaginal births and 1 c section. The vaginal was painful until my baby was born. Once your child is born you experience a little bit of soreness. Then you are good to go. I would do a vaginal birth then if you dont like you can have a C section with another child.

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

is there a medical reason to suggest a c-section? that is serious surgery usually only if the mom or baby is in distress or the mom has had previous c-sections and a vag delivery is not advised. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)