Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**

Posted by   + Show Post

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Oh no, totally go for the abdominal surgery with a higher risk of mortality.  Totes.

I think your doctor is a moneygrubbing idiot. 

rebecca.n
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Yup. This. Felt GREAT afterwards.

Quoting mnivis01:

I had vaginal. No tearing. I was up walking around and feeling normal just a few hours later.

countrybaby89
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I wouldn't do a c section unless I had to.... I've had 2 and bother were horrible

yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

i wouldn't do it for my first time or any time period if you dont have to...i say try for your natural/vaginal birth

o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Why would anyone elect to have a c section?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Oh, another thing with the c sections.. When my last was 9 months old I chose to have my tubes tied. You'd be AMAZED at the amount of internal adhesions. Another thing you could avoid by trying to go naturally.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I had an emergency c/s although it wasn't actually as bad as people make you think it is I would do vaginally next time.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Go for vaginal. Cesareans are still major surgery, it takes much longer to heal, they are very painful...avoid getting one as much as possible. Definitely research!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Ok. 

My opinion is that the baby should stay in as long as he/she needs to (unless of course there is a medical issue that makes induction/c-section necessary). 

And, I don't see any reason to put your body through the trauma of surgery unless it's necessary. You'll heal quicker from a vaginal delivery and there's less risk of complications. 

Quoting kdloves.:

I'm just curious, really. 

Quoting sissyboogs:

What are your reasons for considering an elective c-section? 

Personally, I would never want a c-section. With my first pregnancy, I was told I would have to have a c-section, and it scared the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to deliver both of my kids vaginally. 

doodasmomma
by Anita on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Vaginal. My first was a c section, my second a vaginal. I barely wanted to move the day after my first, recovery was miserable and painful. With my second I was up within 3 hours of having her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN