Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**

Posted by   + Show Post

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
KGreen75
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

My c-sections were elective and were both easy and wonderful.

its a decision you have to make for yourself and don't let anyone make you feel bad.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Yep, they suck ass! I've had 2 as well.

Quoting countrybaby89:

I wouldn't do a c section unless I had to.... I've had 2 and bother were horrible

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I'm 99% sure I'm gonna have a vaginal birth. I mean, that's the plan. That's what's been my birth plan all along. I'm just curious about csections. A friend of mind had two elective csections. One with her first. She swears it's the way to go. Lol

I'm just seeing what people on here would say. 

Quoting o.O....:

Why would anyone elect to have a c section?

vkp23
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:51 AM

DON'T DO IT!  I've had a C-section.  Twice!  It was horrifying.  I had a VBA2C (vaginal birth after 2 c-sections) with # 3 recently and it was the best thing I ever did for myself, even though I had a 36 abnormal labor.  If you have a C-section and decide with the next you want a vaginal birth, you will have a vary hard time finding a doctor who will do it.  Just go for the vaginal.  It's better for you and the baby.  Trust me, even with the prolonged healing from my vaginal birth and still needing to go back in a couple weeks for further repairs.  I rather this than what all goes into a C-section.  PLEASE get educated.  C-sections SUCK SO BAD!

oliver92
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

c-section.  Vag-My 1st was 18+hrs labor, induction, 10.3 baby, cut and tore, horrible recovery, long painful experience all around. c-section with my 2nd was emergency, we already knew it would be c-section, baby large upside down, but I waited to long to get to hospital, thought whats the hurry the first one took more than a whole day. LOL but easy recovery, minor bending over issue, but less bleeding, all around, felt great within days, was easier to bf, walk, everything, I loved it.  And I was totally against anything unnatural cried for days when they told me I would have to get c-section. then when it was over i was like wow that was so easy and pleasant. It was easier on me and my dh, we were like wow that was fast, who knew??? Our next baby is scheduled c-section but we dont have a choice in that either.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Personally I would only get a c-section as a last resort.

Why are you considering one?

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Alright, interesting. What made you decide to do that? My doctor was telling me a lot of good things about having an elective csection, so that's what sparked my interest. 

Quoting KGreen75:

My c-sections were elective and were both easy and wonderful.

its a decision you have to make for yourself and don't let anyone make you feel bad.

o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I've had two. They're effing horrible. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd opt for one if I had another option.

Quoting kdloves.:

I'm 99% sure I'm gonna have a vaginal birth. I mean, that's the plan. That's what's been my birth plan all along. I'm just curious about csections. A friend of mind had two elective csections. One with her first. She swears it's the way to go. Lol

I'm just seeing what people on here would say. 

Quoting o.O....:

Why would anyone elect to have a c section?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Vaginal every time unless you have to have a csection. I had a vaginal birth, some mild tearing that didn't require stitches, I was up and around in a few hours. The day after we came home I was playing Kinect with DF. I felt great! My niece on the other hand had a csection and she took forever to heal and it was a while before she could even get to the kitchen to make baby a bottle. :(

4_little_angels
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Vaginal if you can. Recovery does not compare!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)