Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my first baby! Vaginal or C-Section? **ETA**

Posted by   + Show Post

ETA:***I DO NOT WANT to have an elective c-section. I'm planning on vaginal. I'm simply CURIOUS about others experiences***

Hey ladies :) 

Alright, so I'm having my first baby, (BOY!) due May 1st. I had my 35 week sonogram today, and met with my Doc. Long story short, she's giving me the option of having either a natural childbirth OR an elective c-section. I've been planning to go natural this whole time, but I'm curious about c-sections.

Have you had an elective c-section?

Would you?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Replies (41-50):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I had an emergency c section with ds. Recovery was terrible! We were hospitalized for a week and I couldn't even clean my house for a month. It took 8 weeks to recover.
Dd was a vaginal and it was amazing! Right after she was born I was a little sore but so on top of the world I didn't care. Went home the next day and was 100% by day 3.
There's no comparison.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jennjune1984
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM

There are many reasons to go natural.  Major one for me was being able to hold your baby the minute it is born, as long as there is no complications.  And being able to see baby before he/she is weighed.  It helps with the bonding I think.  Birthing can also release these good bonding hormones.  I have had one emergency c-section and one planned.  I have a better bond with my first, then with my planned c-section. 

Ultimately do your research. Labor really isn't that bad as people make it out to be, if you  are good with pain. 

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I had a c-section with ds because he was too big for me to deliver naturally...even though I tried my hardest for 31 hours! I'm hoping to have a VBAC with #2,but I feel like I'll probably have to have a c-section again...

I would have him vaginally if I could...recovery from a c-section is extremely painful and uncomfortable.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I know that my stepmom did with her second child and wished she hadn't because she had to have a c-section with all if her kids after that and recovery got harder everytime. That could be just her though it's hard to say because everyone is different.
KGreen75
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM

The day before my due date she was butt first...so my OB said I could either schedule a c-section or see if she turns herself in the coming week, or they could try and manually turn her.  I immediately opted for the c-section.  I liked the idea of it all being planned and scheduled.  I knew exactly when and where and how.  Vaginal birth just wasn't appealing to me.  I was up walking the same day with both c-sections and refused prescription pain meds after both and only took naproxen (aleve).  I had uncomplicated recoveries.

do your research, watch some videos.  There are pros and cons to both natural and c-sections.  Weigh your options and make best decision for you. 

Quoting kdloves.:

Alright, interesting. What made you decide to do that? My doctor was telling me a lot of good things about having an elective csection, so that's what sparked my interest. 

Quoting KGreen75:

My c-sections were elective and were both easy and wonderful.

its a decision you have to make for yourself and don't let anyone make you feel bad.

countrybaby89
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:58 AM

You know I spell checked it and I meant to write both but preggo brain got me again >.<

Quoting Devious333:

Yep, they suck ass! I've had 2 as well.

Quoting countrybaby89:

I wouldn't do a c section unless I had to.... I've had 2 and bother were horrible

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM
My first 2 kids were vaginal. My last pregnancy I had an emergency csection with my twins. Don't do the csection unless you have to. Recovery is much easier vaginally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I would not get a c-section unless it was absolutely necessary. I had vaginal deliveries with both my children, although with my second, I was scared I was going to be forced to have a c-section because baby girl took her sweet time flipping and was breech up until the last couple weeks. I would never volunteer to be cut open *shudders*
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM

id never choose major surgery over natural childbirth. cesareans pose a pretty big risk, to both mother and baby. compromises breastfeeding and early bonding moments, yada yada. youve done your research, so you know all of this. so, why choose a scar when you are healthy enough to deliver the way your body wants to?

also, congrats on your baby boy! may 1st, eh.. taureans are pretty stubborn, i hope youre prepared! i also hope youve extended your research to circumcision, too. ;]

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Why in the world would you willingly risk you and your babys life for a major surgery that's easily avoided?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)